Discuss Vacuum recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
After reading a post about what people thought about Mr Dysons vacuum cleaners, I need to ask what other people use.
We have used a Dyson in the house, and a bagless Vax. We used to have a Henry but that got relegated to the garage for cleaning the cars etc, but it succumbed to a smoking related illness.
I'd like to keep one in the van for those little domestic jobs, rather than using the customers. Any ideas?
We have a B&D Dustbuster but that cant pick up a grain of salt.
Something rechargeable would be handy. Cordless Dyson? or GTech?

You thought about looking at one that uses your battery tool batteries ?

That's a clever idea, but I don't mind having a bank of different chargers.
I think if you buy one of these multipacks with drills, jigsaw, SDS etc, even a radio... when the batterys eventually don't charge like they should, you maybe can't get a replacement... You've lost half a dozen power tools in one go.

Recently bought an elcheapo water vac from Stewfix to help empty some water pipes and tanks. It's surprisingly good, but feels flimsy. Still have Henry :)

Dewalt do a 18v hoover it’s great for tidying up in houses.
I have the dewalt one, it uses the 18v or 54v flexvolt batteries or a 230v socket, only has a very short flex though. It will do about 25 minutes with a 5ah battery. Has a HEPA filter and will also clean up fluids.

Got a couple of Henry's, a George & a Wickes wet dry vac that we use for the chaser. Good thing about Henry / George is the range and availability of spares.
For cheapness the Wickes was a really good buy at ÂŁ35, only thing it's bloody loud! Looks like they've replaced it with a new version for ÂŁ50.

We've also now got a Henry at home that has replaced the various Dysons that end up falling apart.

Whatever you get don' get titan from screwfix, bought it to use in work for dust etc but itnis absolutey useless couldn't suck air

Reply to Vacuum recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net