Discuss van insurance in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
evening chaps

any advise on van insurance for a 23year old that had 2 claims on company van policy and got 3 points on license for mobile phone

now trying to get insurance for my own van.

I know some people dont declare the claims from companys vans- becuase they think they don't count on personal- but if I even do need to claim- and I find my insurance is invalid- I paying all this money for nothing!!!

gets quotes for like 5k

My lad had similar quotes, few accidents & using mobile. He shopped around and did get something for around grand, he was driving an old van though.

3 points for using a mobile phone! I've never come across anyone who's been done for that!

Its 6 points now and I know loads who have.

I also know someone who got killed by a driver on his mobile so as much as many do do it, it comes with a risk of sky high insurance or several yrs in jail if you find yourself in a position also for the sake of buying a hands free, it still takes your concentration but at least its legal.

Sorry can't help there, it was a couple of years ago now. Think he used one of those comparison web sites.

I have a clean license, but I found that autonetinsurance.co.uk is very cheap, I signed up through vanxtra.co.uk

I have a 2004 Vauxhall Combo, im 33, clean licence, and don't use my car no claims on the van, so only have a few on the van, anyway, my policy is about £200 fully comp and protected.

I went on money saving expert recently, under the insurance , van insurance, they give you a few comparison sites to try and a few others who are not on those sites. Took about 20 minutes and saved £100 off my renewal price from current insurer.

Its 6 points now and I know loads who have.

I also know someone who got killed by a driver on his mobile so as much as many do do it, it comes with a risk of sky high insurance or several yrs in jail if you find yourself in a position also for the sake of buying a hands free, it still takes your concentration but at least its legal.
its 3 points darkwood ive just looked.

they might have gotten 6 if they were done for dangerous driving rather than a mobile phone.

its 3 points and a £100 fine

it was too tempting and got caught answering my phone (got handsfree now)

back to the op

dial direct was the cheapest for me i know a few lads that use brentache (call them though)

mine was £1600 thats with a few claims though im 22

Last edited:
Phone was RCD protected.

Had about as much chance of killing someone as I would have on a hands free......you prat
Anyone who drives while using a hand held mobile phone is a prat, if you think otherwise I would go an ask any copper that has attended an accident where someone has been seriously injured or killed, they will tell you the same, or maybe they are all prats as well? You don't have to be going fast it just takes a second of distraction.

Anyone who drives while using a hand held mobile phone is a prat, if you think otherwise I would go an ask any copper that has attended an accident where someone has been seriously injured or killed, they will tell you the same, or maybe they are all prats as well? You don't have to be going fast it just takes a second of distraction.
the problem is if you vehicle is ticking over with the handbrake on you can still be fined.

anyway, being on the phone in a traffic jam or on a slow straight road while looking ahead isnt too bad.

its not aa bad a texting, if the phones to your ear your looking at where you are going

Next time your talking to someone on your mobile, try and concentrate on someone else talking within the same room or space. Guarantee you will not be able to absorb both conversations. How many times have you asked someone to wait, when talking to someone else on your phone. Using a mobile phone, even using hands free (I use one), affects your ability to drive.

Incidentally, the major cause of road accidents in the UK, is failing to look properly. Now you might say, that using a mobile prevents you from absorbing your surroundings whilst driving. But not everybody uses a mobile whilst driving and more importantly, whilst having an accident.

Incidentally, the major cause of road accidents in the UK, is failing to look properly. Now you might say, that using a mobile prevents you from absorbing your surroundings whilst driving. But not everybody uses a mobile whilst driving and more importantly, whilst having an accident.
thats the thing most accidents have nothing to do with mobile phones, mobiles are more likely to be involved in little crashes in stop/start traffic than anything else.

on a dual carriageway/motorway at 3am being on the phone wont matter as it is unlikely there will be many people around and nothing will jump out in front of you either.

there was hardly any traffic when i drove down from glasgow and i didnt exactly leave early (10am)

Reply to van insurance in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock