Discuss Van Proximty Alarm in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

StopCox

Hi Guys,

I've been looking for an alarm for my work van that will chirp out an audible alarm if someone walks up to it.

I want to prevent someone trying to break in, rather than fit extra dead locks, etc...

I need it to be:
- separate to my standard alarm
- on its own separate fob
- I'll only activate it at night, when on my drive (so someone will physically have to go out their way to approach my van) so as not to cause unnecessary nuisance when parked elsewhere

I'd like:
- to use 3 or 5 parking / pir sensors / or something else you could recommend? (one mounted next to my reverse cam, to protect rear doors and one either side at low level covering the side doors) all external
- with adjustable settings so I can set the proximity and sensitivity of the sensors, i.e. Not pick up a cat moving but would a person, and also only pick up from approx 1m - 1.5m away
- linked to a siren / horn, that will give off an audible alarm to ward off any would be thieves

I was thinking of possibly marrying up a parking sensor kit / alarm to achieve what I'm looking for?

If the option is there I'd have it linked to my phone, so I can set it from an app, get it to ring me etc. But those are details after the main but it sorted.

I have no interest in fitting it myself, just the local auto Elec guys to me are not interested, unless I can find a kit for them to fit...

Hopefully someone knows something?

Thanks in advance

Reply to Van Proximty Alarm in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net