Discuss Van Racking / Plylining in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Looking for suggestions all!

Got myself a new van and want to plyline it and get some racking/ ply shelves made .....

I'm based in Woking and I'm looking for suggestions for any companies that offer this within a sensible radius - say 50 miles.

Thanks

have a gander on ebay for the kits you put together your self at home and they slide in, they fit a treat and are affordable. all you would need to do is put the ply board on the floor yourself. failing that google is your friend

Looking for suggestions all!

Got myself a new van and want to plyline it and get some racking/ ply shelves made .....

I'm based in Woking and I'm looking for suggestions for any companies that offer this within a sensible radius - say 50 miles
if have got yourself a new van ,why did you not ask the dealer to plyline it for you Murdoch !

Whats really handy is that the 2nd row of seats is 2 + 1 - at the moment I've taken out the 2 seats giving me more storage room - fingers crossed when I've got the racking sorted the 2 seats can go back in and the single seat will come out...

I bought some boxes from screwfix they stack and lock so they don't tip over, I've got a false floor by the side door for 2 sets of steps. The boxes carry enough for me and on a weekend I can empty the van in 5 minutes if I want and stack them in a tower of boxes in the garage. Works well for me. Actually had mine plied out when I bought it as I needed to use it straight away.

Good tip for the floor is garage floor paint..easier to keep clean sweep out etc.

have a gander on ebay for the kits you put together your self at home and they slide in, they fit a treat and are affordable. all you would need to do is put the ply board on the floor yourself. failing that google is your friend

You can also get racking/store systems out of BT/Sky/Utility vehicles for reasonable money on Ebay...

Obviously they won't necessarily be a perfect fit, but if you have an idea of the sizes that will fit, this surplus stuff can often be modified with out too much trouble.

Edited to add the clip below shows some of the racking ect in what looks like a well laid out van. Internals of the van are shown from 7:30 min...

Last edited:
from the local Spar shop. we have Robert's bakery just up the road from us. Their bread goes to all the supermarkets and shops.

That van is far too tidy. Reminds me to clear all the **** out of mine tomorrow. :(
it's only tidy coz i take all toolboxes , hand tools, meters, drills etc. off at night. they fill the left side when in.

Reply to Van Racking / Plylining in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net