Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Van secure boxes (van vaults) in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    We are seriously looking at getting one of these for drills etc. in the van not a site one I think that you can bolt them down. Welcome opinions on them and tips from members.

2. TJ Anderson

TJ Anderson Trusted Advisor

I've got one in my van. I keep my MFT, other test gear and some power tools in there. It is bolted down. It is another barrier if thieving scum get into your van.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mhar

mhar Electrician's Arms

Same here.
    Bit of peace of mind.

4. anthonybragg

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    What is the quality of the locks etc.

5. TJ Anderson

TJ Anderson Trusted Advisor

All seems pretty tough. I'm sure they could drill lock but it would definitely slow them down.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. anthonybragg

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    Thanks for the advice, most of the time the van is quickly broken into tools taken and off they go.

7. Taylortwocities

Taylortwocities Electrician's Arms

I had a VanVault in my old L200. Its brilliant. Some scumbags managed to force the hatch on the Trucktop cover, but couldn't get at anything in the VanVault.
    VanVault also comes with a length of steel armoured cable with bullet ends that gets locked to the Vault. The length of cable can loop through anything that cant go inside the box.
    Seriously, just get one, its worth it for a couple of hunded quid just to not have to bring your tools indoors every night. And you can park you van in Tottenham (sorry Tottenham) and still have your tools there at the end of the working day...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. anthonybragg

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    Thanks for the replies so far, its good to get reviews good or bad that forum members have used first hand.

9. Aindowsimon

Aindowsimon Regular EF Member

Van vault I recommend secure and you get additional peace of mind . It’s unbelievable how quick some d*ck can brake in and take tools , under a minute

• Like Like x 1
  10. Moley

Moley Active EF Member

I used to have a Sentribox. Very well made and secure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SparkySy

SparkySy Regular EF Member

I've got a sentribox and they are solid. Mine has 2 double deadlocks built into it and a protected hinge as well, also bolted with 4 m10 round head blots through the floor and a steel plate. No way that it's coming out without a fight and the locks are well protected from most methods of criminal access attempts! Would hate to loose the keys though:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. PaulDuncan

PaulDuncan Electrician/ Maintenance EC&I/Shift Engineer/AP

Had van emptied twice whilst contracting up in Leeds years ago. Would loved to of had it wired up to something juicy to give the fookers a surprise.! After that always used a van vault!

13. anthonybragg

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    Has anyone had the unfortunate situation where they have had their van broken into and the thieves have left emptyhanded as they have not been able to get into it?