Discuss Van secure boxes (van vaults) in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Toneyz

We are seriously looking at getting one of these for drills etc. in the van not a site one I think that you can bolt them down. Welcome opinions on them and tips from members.

I had a VanVault in my old L200. Its brilliant. Some scumbags managed to force the hatch on the Trucktop cover, but couldn't get at anything in the VanVault.
VanVault also comes with a length of steel armoured cable with bullet ends that gets locked to the Vault. The length of cable can loop through anything that cant go inside the box.
Seriously, just get one, its worth it for a couple of hunded quid just to not have to bring your tools indoors every night. And you can park you van in Tottenham (sorry Tottenham) and still have your tools there at the end of the working day...

I had a VanVault in my old L200. Its brilliant. Some scumbags managed to force the hatch on the Trucktop cover, but couldn't get at anything in the VanVault.
VanVault also comes with a length of steel armoured cable with bullet ends that gets locked to the Vault. The length of cable can loop through anything that cant go inside the box.
Seriously, just get one, its worth it for a couple of hunded quid just to not have to bring your tools indoors every night. And you can park you van in Tottenham (sorry Tottenham) and still have your tools there at the end of the working day...
Thanks for the replies so far, its good to get reviews good or bad that forum members have used first hand.

I've got a sentribox and they are solid. Mine has 2 double deadlocks built into it and a protected hinge as well, also bolted with 4 m10 round head blots through the floor and a steel plate. No way that it's coming out without a fight and the locks are well protected from most methods of criminal access attempts! Would hate to loose the keys though:D

Had van emptied twice whilst contracting up in Leeds years ago. Would loved to of had it wired up to something juicy to give the fookers a surprise.! After that always used a van vault!

Has anyone had the unfortunate situation where they have had their van broken into and the thieves have left emptyhanded as they have not been able to get into it?

For folks who use Vanvaults and other similar systems, just watch what hand tools you leave accessible in the van otherwise you're just giving the thieving scrotes a helping hand..

Also, for a cheaper alternative to a pukka van vault, have a look for secondhand shotgun, rifle, or ammo security cabinets..They are probably not as good as a Vanvault but their low price might make them a worth while consideration for some...

I've got the Van Vault 3 and Stack XL in mine and love them. Very secure and although they could eventually be defeated it will take time and make a lot of noise which increases the likelihood of me coming out with a baseball bat.

Make sure it is bolted down, there was a recent post on social media where a tradesman had used a van vault but it was loose in the back of his van and they walked off with the lot.

Not the clearest picture:

IMG_2670.JPG

A van vault is a must have these days although not as secure as physically removing expensive tools from the van and storing in home. I have heard stories of van vaults been broken into by way of hydraulic jacks but generally these scumbags are looking for a quick and easy target... make their job as hard and difficult as possible.

Reply to Van secure boxes (van vaults) in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net