Discuss van security in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sima24

Anyone reccomend any good van security products. A couple of guys i know have had their vans done over in the last few weeks and they took everything. Im laying in bed at night sometimes thinking i can hear my alarm lol. I have a renault trafic it has a standard deadlock alarm but i have heard people whi have these vans have been robbed and the alarm did nothing. If my gear got robbed i would be stuffed

su4e2yba.jpg

??

Www.aeskent.co.uk

Dead locks on all doors, ive got them on my primemaster, i used protectavan in essex, its about £100+vat per lock, but well worth it.

And get tools cover for your van that covers you 24/7 i got mine from napit for around £60 a year

Tim

Some method of preventing anyone from seeing into the load compartment such as silver film on the rear window, or replacing the window with sheet steel.
A cage or bulkhead separating the driving compartment from the load compartment.
Disabling the central locking, so that the locks on the rear and side door will not unlock if the driver and pasanger doors are unlocked.
Stainless steel shrouds protecting the existing door locks, to prevent anyone from levering out the lock barrels.
Replace the existing blade locks with tube type locks, to prevent anyone picking the locks.
Separate dead locks for each door.
Immobilisor preventing anyone from driving off the vehicle.

Some method of preventing anyone from seeing into the load compartment such as silver film on the rear window, or replacing the window with sheet steel. A cage or bulkhead separating the driving compartment from the load compartment. Disabling the central locking, so that the locks on the rear and side door will not unlock if the driver and pasanger doors are unlocked. Stainless steel shrouds protecting the existing door locks, to prevent anyone from levering out the lock barrels. Replace the existing blade locks with tube type locks, to prevent anyone picking the locks. Separate dead locks for each door. Immobilisor preventing anyone from driving off the vehicle.
check this out : 12V DC Car Security Smoke Screen I was thinking, maybe a delay of 10 seconds enough to let them get inside...followed by a recording should play out something like " I've been expecting you".........5 second delay..WTF??....?..?....continues filling bag...........smoke starts......."AHAHAHAHA HAHA HA!!" I can see them running already

I use a much cheaper version of a similar idea.
An electrically detonated miniature theatrical maroon and smoke cartridge (pyrotechnics) wired through a 9v battery and standard bathroom pull-switch fixed to the van. The pull switch is tied to an old 'bait' drill and the drill is placed so that it is the first thing seen by someone opening the door of the van. The drill needs to be secure enough that it doesn't move whilst driving (or in an accident - mine wasn't and went off in a crash), but easy enough to grab and activate the pull switch. The maroon needs to be contained in a strong non-airtight container. It will dent the bodywork of the vehicle if held against it. A miniature maroon is used on stage to simulate the noise of a gunshot. It is very loud in the confined space of a van. The smoke cartridge (electrically detonated firework) needs to be horizontal and both must be away from the face. Buy a few spare ones and experiment outdoors before fitting.
I had my van broken into with this fitted and they got away with the bait drill, but were seen running away otherwise empty handed.
The maroon and smoke cartridge can be bought from a theatrical supplier for a few pounds.

O/T but as someone who works in theatres I must admit I love BlueToBits solution although the 'trained pyrotechnician' in me can't condone it ;) ( that said I once linked a flash pod to a doorbell... )

get a good quality alarm with a pir sensor, stick the pir and a loud siren at the back of the van.
plus a fat chain fixed to the floor wrap around your tools.

Van vault outback fixed to the van floor is going to keep your power tools safe. Never lost any power tools with one of these fitted despite 4 break ins

Some method of preventing anyone from seeing into the load compartment such as silver film on the rear window, or replacing the window with sheet steel.
A cage or bulkhead separating the driving compartment from the load compartment.
Disabling the central locking, so that the locks on the rear and side door will not unlock if the driver and pasanger doors are unlocked.
Stainless steel shrouds protecting the existing door locks, to prevent anyone from levering out the lock barrels.
Replace the existing blade locks with tube type locks, to prevent anyone picking the locks.
Separate dead locks for each door.
Immobilisor preventing anyone from driving off the vehicle.

I've got all of the above, PLUS a van vault bolted to the floor!

Not sure if it applies to anyone here, but apparently a lot of Transits in SE London are going missing, without being broken into (!)

Transits that are being stolen are probably being interfered with then shoved onto a ship going abroad, think they are very popular in Macedonia/Serbia/Israel and places like that where a lot of stolen vehicles have been found, heard of a stolen car being found after the person who bought it abroad wrapped it around a tree then hobbled away, serial number printed on CD player was all that was left, was wrecked.....
A lot of the time the people who find the vehicles deem them to be not worth paying to ship back and they get left there permanently, then the insurance can refuse to pay out as well...
Another place where vehicles from the UK seem to turn up is Spain, a lot of Caravans get stolen and sent there as well to the extent that so many were going there that they sent UK Police and Insurance officials over to find them and recover the item/ force sale to recover money.....
There's Alarms that have concealed trackers that are in a different place every time so that the vehicle can be recovered, as well as Alarms that go off when a vehicle is lifted off the ground or moved using a Lorry by using GPS to detect location changes when the engine is not going/not being driven.....apparently a lot of vehicles were just being lifted onto fake tow trucks even with the Alarm going off and nobody put a second look as they thought that it was official/ a council tow wagon...

There are plenty of GSM / GPS alarm systems that have geofencing capability if the vehicle is moved outside the geofence you have set the system will call you

One of the failings of trackker needs a drive by close to it to start the location process, talking to a copper a while ago he said a lot of trakker units where found on the hard shoulder of the M62 were the had been ditched by the thieves heading across to Hull

Reply to van security in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net