Discuss Van security in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

CAB Marine

So, my van got broken into and my Van Vault was lifted. Thankfully, most of my tools and cable were on the job (it was done in broad daylight) so they got away with "only" about £2k worth :-( Not a good end to last week!

I have a Nissan Navara crew cab with a hard top canopy. Calling around van security companies has proved an unhelpful waste of time and I am interested in a recommendation. I'm prepared to put some serious money into this as I carry cable from 1.5mm2 up to 70mm2 on racks. Having them jacked would close to bankrupt me. I can beef the locks up with disc locks I think but need to have a custom safe made up I think. I need to be able to store all of the usual tools and a few less common ones too. Additionally, I need to be able to strap in 8-10 batteries at a time.

All thoughts appreciated.

personally I think you might be better going and seeing a local blacksmith or the likes and get something custom made, unless of course you're handy with a welder and have the time.

i`v got discus locks on mine...

the locking module pushes into the discus....not easy to get at...

bolted on from the inside....with large coachbolts....

would take them longer than its worth to try and prize that off...

So, my van got broken into and my Van Vault was lifted. Thankfully, most of my tools and cable were on the job (it was done in broad daylight) so they got away with "only" about £2k worth :-( Not a good end to last week!

I have a Nissan Navara crew cab with a hard top canopy. Calling around van security companies has proved an unhelpful waste of time and I am interested in a recommendation. I'm prepared to put some serious money into this as I carry cable from 1.5mm2 up to 70mm2 on racks. Having them jacked would close to bankrupt me. I can beef the locks up with disc locks I think but need to have a custom safe made up I think. I need to be able to store all of the usual tools and a few less common ones too. Additionally, I need to be able to strap in 8-10 batteries at a time.

All thoughts appreciated.

they nicked ur van vault too?? Was it bolted down to your van?

No :-( I had moved it for access when I did my meniscus again 3 weeks ago. Will have to use drawers for access this time round....makes parking fun though.

Would a two way alarm help?
They have a keyfob with a screen on it and i think some have an audio alert on the fob (i think), as long as you are in range (think some are like 1 mile or something) if the alarm goes it also comes up on the fob as well so even if you can not hear the alarm on the vehicle you can hear or see it on the fob.
Not sure on price but do not think they are cheap but may be worth it.
Not sure if this is any help but just though i would put it out there.

I think what you have to think is you can only slow criminals down, you will not stop them.

I have a vauxhall combo, I have a that ham cat 1 alarm and immobiliser, I have that ham approved dead locks on side door and rear doors, I also have slam locks on side and rear.

The outside has smart water warning signs from every angle so both windows, back and both sides, also on the pipe and steps, and alarm stickers.

I only take to the job in hand the exact tools I will need and take them all in with me, I never leave any tools in my van if I can help it.

When at home, it's parked with the side door and rear doors against a solid 6 foot close board fence with the whole back and side covered, also has three of eight CCTV cameras pointing directly at it from various angles, and has two 400w pir flood lights above it.

You can only do what you can do.

As for the contents, as said above I don't leave anything in the van apart from stuff nobody would want, I don't currently chain anything together but seriously thinking about it now as I do leave stuff in the van when go in wholesalers etc and random quoting if not in car.

Ill probably get a couple of heavy duty anchors and roller chain to put through all the handles to stop quick grabs.

I would think about getting hold of a more secure van.
Those truck top things never seem very secure.

Reply to Van security in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock