Discuss Van Tool Storage in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jp1976

Hi

After some good ideas on van tool storage and lay out, does anyone know of a good website I can have a look at ?
I'm wanting to make it as anti theft as possible, got a good collection and don't want some thieving scum robbing it

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy that put my van vault in drilled the holes for the fixings a little too small and then put the bolts in with an air gun such that they put a thread on the floor. This means that van vault would be difficult to remove even if the nuts were removed. Costs me £20

The guy that put my van vault in drilled the holes for the fixings a little too small and then put the bolts in with an air gun such that they put a thread on the floor. This means that van vault would be difficult to remove even if the nuts were removed. Costs me £20

Quality job! There's no point tapping a thread when you can just batter a bolt through an undersized hole is there!

What are slam locks? I want to get some additional locks for mine but i don't know what to go for at all! (sorry to hijack the thread abit!)

What are slam locks? I want to get some additional locks for mine but i don't know what to go for at all! (sorry to hijack the thread abit!)

Locks which lock when you shut the door and can't be picked. The down side is that if you shut your keys in there or loose them the only way to get in is wreck the door.

Locks which lock when you shut the door and can't be picked. The down side is that if you shut your keys in there or loose them the only way to get in is wreck the door.
in other words, always have a spare key handy.

dead locks are better tham slam locks because they only lock when you lock the vehicle so there is less chance of locking them in

Locks etc are all well and good, but they don't help if the scrotes turn up with a hiab truck and pick the whole van up and take it away.
This is an increasingly popular way of stealing landrovers these days, to the point that some owners chain their landy down to steel rings cast into the concrete driveway.

Slam locks auto lock as Dave says, basically you disable the existing handle mechanism. And the dead locks, they lock into the frame or where ever. I have the thatcham approved ones. I would highly recommend the slam locks, it prevents you accidentally leaving the doors unlocked.

I paid to have my ones fitted professionally so I didn't bugger the door up.

Slam Locks: Locks 4 Vans - Slam Locks, Van Slam locks, Slamlocks for Vans and Commercial Vehicles

Dead Locks: Locks 4 Vans - Dead Locks, Van Dead Locks, Deadlocks for Vans and Commercial Vehicles

I used these people to install them: Commercial vehicle deadlocks van security locks slamlocks limpet locks - van security locks installed - DM

This is one of my garages, I just put some lights on it yesterday, look nice!

IMG_6031.jpg

As this hassle and cost we go to just to stop some scumbags stealing our tools that we need so we can work. Tougher punisments are needed (I think hanging for this offence is a bit too extreme). One thing we can all do is to reduce demand, dont buy dodgy or stolen tools and report those who we suspect of selling them

Reply to Van Tool Storage in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net