Discuss Vans, diesel engines & DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER (DPF) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I had one lke this in a boat many years ago

Kelvin-Marine-Engine.jpg

except it was a 2 cylinder, so 2 of these stuck together.
Easy to start-just open the decompression levers, crank the handle til you built up a bit of revs, then pop the handles down one by one...never failed.

I've been looking for a new used vehicle; was thinking of getting some sort of Chelsea tractor, one of which was a Discovery Sport (DS). After reading about it on a particular forum, it appears to have an issue with the above.

Problem is that a lot of those chelsea tractor are brought for nothing but the half a mile school run and maybe the odd local journey. DPF work well when your regularly doing long motor way miles but short low speed driving fecks them, but to fair they should be making buyers aware when buy the cars.

I've been looking for a new used vehicle; was thinking of getting some sort of Chelsea tractor, one of which was a Discovery Sport (DS). After reading about it on a particular forum, it appears to have an issue with the above.

Problem is that a lot of those chelsea tractor are brought for nothing but the half a mile school run and maybe the odd local journey. DPF work well when your regularly doing long motor way miles but short low speed driving fecks them, but to fair they should be making buyers aware when buy the cars.

Reply to Vans, diesel engines & DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER (DPF) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I hear many views of people who believe that DPF's and CDPF's fitted to their vehicles are a problem and many people resort to removing them, or...
Replies
Views
Just been sent a link to a article on mirror.co.uk Ford it appears are offering scrappage scheme discounts on old vehicles if you buy a new one...
Replies
Views
W
hi all I'm working on a veg oil conversion for our (1997) 110 defender and have some ideas of how I'd like to control it but my auto electric...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
I have seen on van rental websites that there is a new 70/30 blend of bio diesel being sold on some supermarket petrol stations, this is not named...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock