Discuss Vent-Axia v Manrose in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wattsup

Vent-Axia bathroom fan with timer, £49.79 (screwfix)
Manrose bathroom fan with timer, £19.99 (screwfix)

Both 100mm, different front grills.

Go for the Vent-Axia tried and trusted for zillions of years, after all they have the name!

Errr, nope all that's different is the front cover, exact same motor, exact same dimensions exact same electronics...

I didn't know, maybe I'm the last to find out?

same with car tyres. continental £110 apiece. same tyre sold as budget brand £70.

got an xpelair in toolstation for some recent job. some numpty has decided that screws for fixing the front plate are so out of date and replaced them with some wobbly plastic latches, they do not catch up unless fan is placed on an ideally straight wall/ceiling. never again!

I have changed the fans at home to the VentAxia Silent ones. These quote very low noise 14dB(A?) while the others seem 10dB worse (or more). Maybe they measured it with the bathroom door shut ... just kidding. At home I feel the VA Silent is noticeably quieter than the old ones and appear to just be left to get on with the job. The old ones inevitably got switched off at the maint. isolator by some unknown intruder in the house.

Err, its the same motor (20w) and internal housing? how can extraction rates or noise differ? Not comparing like with like there.
Wait for the Manrose ultra silent to come out it will be exact same and £20/30 cheaper

Err, its the same motor (20w) and internal housing? how can extraction rates or noise differ? Not comparing like with like there.
Wait for the Manrose ultra silent to come out it will be exact same and £20/30 cheaper
Well you knew what you were looking at. My point still stands generically, horses for courses. Used both makes, neither good bad or better.

But that was the point, both are crap, both are exact same. Except the Ventaxia costs a lot more, knowing nobheads like me will pay the extra for the supposed extra quality of the famous brand. Not no more though

Reply to Vent-Axia v Manrose in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net