Discuss Veritas 8 C Alarm HELP! Please :-) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jaynebould

Hi,
i've had a Veritas 8C alarm for over 1hr and out of the blue it suddenly went wrong. The 24hr light on the control panel has started constanly flashing red whilst the unset light stays green. The alarm won't met me set it. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Thanks

Jayne :eek:

what do you recommend for panels mate? i have not had a lot to do with them so far

veritas panels are sort of decent from what ive seen,but they are aimed at the diy market,a cef special, scantronic(now cooper menvier) do good stuff, tho honeywell galaxy is the dogs as far as intruder panels are concerned..might get some saying different tho,and stay away from cheap wireless from diy stores,wouldnt fit one on my shed tbh

thanks mate. i will price them up monday it`s a replacement for home. any idea what i should be paying ish for the panel and bell box.

I've got no problem with Texecom Veritas panels or their Premier range both good systems. Did use alot of Menvier kit years ago but when they became Cooper Menvier with Scantronic their tech support went downhill when the Menvier guys left and all you where left with was the Scantronic guys who couldn't even support their own kit comments like" when you find the fault let us know what the problem was for future calls we might get "don't go down well with an under pressure engineer. When Scantronic and Menvier merged a lot of the Scantronic panels were Menvier designed / or rebadged Scantronic
Never used the the Galaxy panels when I last looked into using them about 8 years ago the reps sales pitch didn't convince me it was any better than what I was using and like for like was alot more expensive it may be different now

Texecom Veritas panels are pretty easy to use tbh.
does scream tamper fault,
i think the engineer code on them is either ** or *** unless its been changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went out to a customer recently who had exactly the same fault as you have here - it is a bell tamper issue if you PM me your email address i'll send you the engineer manual for it as I'm registered Texecom installer

Cheers

hi, my veritas 8 has a fault back door contact lights when i set it to go out.will not go off then alarm sounds.when i omit this zone it sets perfect. back door zone is my entry/exit so needs fixing any ideas please.

hi, my veritas 8 has a fault back door contact lights when i set it to go out.will not go off then alarm sounds.when i omit this zone it sets perfect. back door zone is my entry/exit so needs fixing any ideas please.
faulty contact, broken connection, moisture in contact, magnet too far away from contact, broken cable, pick any one.

A few years ago but I used to be kept busy with faults on Pub intruder alarms, if not due to rodents then it was damage to the surface run cable to a PIR near the dartboard!

if your omitting the zone and it works fine check the cable continuity from said contact to alarm panel, if this is fine then a replacement contact is in need

Reply to Veritas 8 C Alarm HELP! Please :-) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net