Discuss Veritas additional circuits an remote key pad in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

nash

I’m looking for some advice on VERITAS 8 alarm panels. I want to add 3 additional zones and remote key pad in my garage, but only have a standard key pad (no display) which looking at the instructions/manual could be a very long winded way of programming the new zones regarding parts sets etc. Would this be easier if I had the programming software? Any idea where I might get it? Or could this be easier with a lcd version of the key pad?

There is no software for the Veritas 8, nor lcd keypad, its programmed from the keypad, adding another keypad will not alter the program its just wire for wire, and the the keypad setting, 0, 1,2 etc, adding adding extra zones is just a wiring job using spare zones you have

depends on which version of the veritas you have

if its the R8+ then you can fit the veritas excel LCD keypad to it..

manuals are easy to get hold of online.

but for a proper alarm, go for the texecom premier panel.

texecom is much better than the optima !!!

yep hear what you say but this is not a peeein contest to what is the better panel I have worked with both and would say the optima is better for the novice hence why I recommended it.

Also after doing alarms for 30 years I hear people say well I would not go past xxxx make but in reality thats the only make they know as it can be a bit daunting to work with another make but then again it does not matter as both makes comply with the regs on alarms. As I said if you are a novice then as the OP said the veratas is a bit long wided but if you work with them day to day then yeatheir easylike all panels but it does not make it better

Also may need to change zone type ie guard, e/e etc depending on age of panel
[automerge]1576359427[/automerge]
And just realised how old this thread is ?

Reply to Veritas additional circuits an remote key pad in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock