Discuss Veritas alarm problems in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,
Recently my Veritas alarm stopped working (I don’t know the model sorry!), it turns out the battery blew so I’ve now replaced it but it seems like the whole thing has factory reset. When I power it back up the unit gives single beeps that won’t silence using my code. If I trigger a door sensor the alarm blasts unless I unplug everything again. Can anyone guide me on reconfiguration or some basic troubleshooting?

if it'd reverted to factory settings, the codes are 1234 and 4321. one is user, other is engineer. can't remember which for certain but think 1234 is engineer.

If it’s one of the Texacom veritable range, 4321 is the default users code and 1234 is the engineers as long as the installation company hasn’t changed it and locked the default off the panel. If 4321 doesn’t work then take the battery out and disconnect mains supply then re energise the mains and tap the spring on the circuit board this will default the panel to 1234 however as above if the engineers code is locked in you won’t be able to access the program functions

Reply to Veritas alarm problems in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock