Discuss Veritas R8 alarm system issue in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
I purchased a house and the seller gave us the code to silence the alarm and smoke alarm, however it did nothing when the oven set it off.

I attempted to change the pass code but just get a deep beep, i suspect is an error beep.
Also, when attempting to disconnect the integrated doorbell, I removed the alarm fuse and then started to remove the cover and tripped the tamper alarm (indoor sounder). The code did not shut it up, suggesting it is wrong.

I have since found the default code of 1234 and whe I press prog I get a red light on Zone 2. If I then press any code, i.e. 60 I get an error beep.

Is there anything simple to try to at least sort out the code in case it goes off ?

I really dont believe I need it and may rip it out If I could silence the thing.
The wires are all over the shop, including along the bathroom floor under the lino.

Many thanks for looking, any advice would be appreciated.

You will get yourself in an awful mess with this . The default code may have been changed by the user and will not override the entered code that has replaced it .
Maybe someone on here that is close by will be able to help you.
If you take my advice do not dismantle anything else as you may instigate an alarm that you cannot silence without @buzzlightyear 's remedy.

Hi,
I am at home now.
I believe the code has reverted to default since putting in the advised code nothing.
When I key 1234 the unset light starts to flash.
Many Thanks

FB0F2603-D837-4784-B32F-5078380FC77C.jpeg
An example I why I don’t think the install was done very well.
This wire goes into the bathroom via another hole in the floor, around the toilet, under the bath panel frame and then up to the room to the alarm box.
You don’t want to see the mess going up the front door frame to connect the door bell.
You can’t hear the doorbell ring as it’s under the alarm panel in the cupboard under the stairs.

Hi Buzz,
I would appreciate some advise as to how to tell if it is broke or if it has reset itself to default.

Everything I have read suggests that the code is now the default 1234 since the unset light flashes.
Any suggested next steps ?

Thanks

I read that exact manual a number of times.
Also variants of it with different steps.
Nothing to suggest what an error beep is.
Or why, after I enter the code unset flashes (as the manual suggests this means the code is correct), and I press PROG, it lights zone 2.
Hence the cry for help.

P.s. £150 sounds tempting but i’m Waiting for the January sale. ;)

I read that exact manual a number of times.
Also variants of it with different steps.
Nothing to suggest what an error beep is.
Or why, after I enter the code unset flashes (as the manual suggests this means the code is correct), and I press PROG, it lights zone 2.
Hence the cry for help.

P.s. £150 sounds tempting but i’m Waiting for the January sale. ;)
enter code 1234. press full. should start bleeping, either continuous or pulsed. enter 1234 again should stop and all leds out except for unset and power..

Reply to Veritas R8 alarm system issue in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net