Discuss very confused about this in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shirine

hi .. I ordered a NW601FB (SINGLE ELECTRIC FITTED OVEN) from argos a couple of weeks ago and when they came to install it they said they couldn't ........because the oven only had a 13 amp fuse and apparently the actual circuit was 32 amp..they pointed out my old oven broke because that too was only a 13 amp fused one and should not have been connected to the 32 amp circuit....so I had to send the oven back and now am loss what to do........it seemed odd that it took over a year for the old oven to stop working and when I pointed that out to the argos installer, he said these things happen slowly and it would be totally against regulation to put the new oven in with this high amp circuit.........does anyone know what he is talking about because I certainly don't...thanks

I think you need to get a spark to fit a 13A fused output for your cooker!

I take it the hob is Gas and not electric?? If all you were connecting up to the existing cooker circuit, was this new oven, you could have just changed the circuit breaker in the main consumer unit to a 16A breaker.

BTW the Argos installer was talking total utter rot, the 13A fuse is there to protect the cable NOT the Oven. Ovens are classed as a fixed load, as such they are unlikely to overload, so the existing 32A breaker would theoretically still have protected the circuit against short circuit conditions...

Reply to very confused about this in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I've searched these forums and have found quite a bit of good information, but not specifically to my query. My house is about 9 years old...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I replaced my old Electrolux oven which operated with a 13 amp plug. The new Kenwood oven I ordered says a 16 amp (Requires hardwiring to...
Replies
Views
I purchased a new-build apartment 10 years ago, which came with a fitted oven and microwave. Both appliances are described by the manufacturer...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock