Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss very low pfc on submain board in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. lucus

lucus Regular EF Member

hi all hoprfully someone here can answer this question for me: i tested a sub mains today and i only got 0.35 KA is this normal for a submains as at the main mainsboard the pfc is 3.3 KA the main fuseboard has a rcd main switch so at the submain i had to use no trip pfc not sure is this makes and difference any imput would be great.
    regards

2. Sintra

Sintra The Innkeeper Staff Member

Did you test Zs at sub main and if so what was this reading.

3. lucus

lucus Regular EF Member

hi
    yes zs was 0.36 the submain is fed via a 6mm armoured cable

4. marcusone

marcusone Electrician's Arms

Hi Lucus

What was your Zs at the sub main ? It will be higher than at the origin so therfore the PFC will be lower.

So as long as all protective devices throughout the installation have a breaking capacity equal to or more than the origin main protective device,then recording the origin PFC is good enough.

Mark

5. pevvers

pevvers Electrician's Arms

That PFC would be for a Zs at the board at around 0.65 ohms. So not sure where you're going wrong there.... You should be getting a PFC of around 0.68kA if all correct.