Discuss Very old cut out info in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is that the main incoming supply or in a flat?

What is it protecting?

Come on matey give us ALL the story...

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't look isolated does it westy well spotted.

Looks like asbestos on the lid and that separator bar and no doubt the fuse holders. And it has seen some blow outs maybe thermal damage to live tail. The line on the right looks (exposed) and 10 mm away from the holders attached to the casing. Yeh I would get the DNO to look at that the neutral is fixed to the casing and the live can be accessed through that hole at the top. I think you are right it is 1930 as originally it looks as if it was fused on the neutral. So would not take much to short live to neutral if you dropped a screwdriver down there. Its downright dangerous.

This is in 1st floor and supply 2 flats on the 2nd floor.
There is another one on the ground floor but bigger with 4 fuses supplying ground and first floor.

So re supply to 2 flats, lets "assume" they are rewireable 3036 fuses, probably max 30A - so they are too small for the job (probably).

I think that this "fuse" is down to the flat owner - the bigger one downstairs is probably down to the supplier - where is the meter?

i Ze gave me open circuit but they said that this is not they problem. So i went
So re supply to 2 flats, lets "assume" they are rewireable 3036 fuses, probably max 30A - so they are too small for the job (probably).

I think that this "fuse" is down to the flat owner - the bigger one downstairs is probably down to the supplier - where is the meter?

We will see i've put 32amp supply for induction hob and 16amp for steam oven + kitchen ring and i will be rushing there on Christmas Day so she can finish with the turkey...

Meter inside the flat...

I read that...I wonder if there is official info about replacing those cut outs.
I think i need to ask customer to approach them directly and get everything in writing. There is too much danger stuff going on there.
I guess it would be different story if this would have been a house - only 1 cut out to be change. Here is 6 in total so obviously shareholders would not be happy...

Reply to Very old cut out info in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net