Discuss Veto Pro pac , are they worth it ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sifu

-
Reaction score
should I splash the cash and buy a veto? At the moment I ve got a Stanley large open tote bag. Which is fine but weighs a tonne. Also I only regularly use about a third of the tools that are in it. So my thinking is keep that in the van then get a smaller bag to carry in. Veto bags look great but pricey are they worth it and which one would you recommend ?

Far to expensive, but if you are a Tool Tart then carry on and get one, you only live once Mate.

I have a Veto Pro Pac XL. It's a great job. If weight of bag + tools is an issue, get something else. It's a heavy bag even before the tools go in it.

Love mine and wouldn't go back to anything else, would recommend the Tech LC with a tool pouch (TP4B). Had both for a couple of years now and still no issues, was previously going through 1 x of the CK bags every 6 months!

I m not much of a tool tart but I m up for anything that makes my work day easier. At the moment I tend to take my bag to one central location then wander back and forth .

I m not much of a tool tart but I m up for anything that makes my work day easier. At the moment I tend to take my bag to one central location then wander back and forth .
If the tool bag isn't failing and lasting a good time, I don't see how a Veto Pro Pac is going to change things. Could buy another of what you have and split the tools up, but as is often the case you'll end up bringing both into most jobs after getting fed up of running back to the van to get something from the other bag.

I m thinking about one of the smaller bags, like the tp4b as a carry in bag. Or the pro pac mc. I probably only use half a dozen tools 90% of the time so I don't see the point of carrying the bulk of the other tools which are only occasional use, like a pry bar or large adjustable etc.

Well I went for it and got the tp4b to start with. So far so good. Having a pouch that holds a lot of stuff but is light enough to move round with me has been a revaluation . I ve even had it up in a loft which I something I could of never done with my old tool box. Expensive yes, worth it ? Well yes I think so. It's a good quality bit of kit and will probably save me an hour a week . So should pay for itself.

I bought one when I was traipsing across fields, up hills etc, also hauling it up a hoop ladder, it was the most comfortable way to carry c.30kg tools to site. Cracking piece of kit if you need or want something as that. If you don't need or want something so well designed or manufactured, ( and heavy), get something else. Probs wont last as long or be as comfortable.

Really happy with my XL, keeps everything organised with handy pockets. Comfortable to carry even if it is a bit heavy. Wouldn’t go back to an open tote bag

I have had the veto pro pac XL for about 6 months, no problems so far and it is certainly very well made and well thought out.

I'm not sure if it is worth the crazy price if you are just looking for a good bag, however if you are looking to treat yourself then this will definitely put a smile on your face.

I only use the rucksack type of tool bags.
Not really been able to find a perfect (for me) tool bag.
Tried a couple of CKs and a couple of Stanleys, one Makita (returned almost immediately) and a no name brand from Homebase that I use for drills and drivers.
Zips wear out, stitching fails, lack of flaps over pockets, not enough pockets, too many slots for screwdrivers, bags start sagging, net pocket gets holes in it, shoulder straps are not adjustable (Makita), etc.
Found the Stanley bags to be the best compromise.

I have used CK Tote bags and they lose shape after a while and the elastic stretches. Colleagues I've had have used the CK backpacks and had zips fail after a number of months and they've had the same issues with the Technician case.
The Veto is a solid piece of kit and holds lots more than it looks in photos, the strap is well designed with a clip to hold it when not required the no nonsense guarantee makes up for the cost, it's designed by an electrician for electrician no doubt about that. It anything there are a few too many smaller compartments. I've got screwdrivers, torx screwdrivers, water pump pliers, allen keys, pliers cutters, spanners, flush cutters, ferrule crimpers in one side. Meters in the other along with other tools. If your budget extends to buying one i'd do it.

So i went for it in the end. Admittedly only dipping my toe in the water buy buying the t4pb tool pouch. Its been a revelation. Can carry 90% of the tools i need. Can carry it around with me on the job rather than dumping it in one spot and walking back and forwards. Even took it in to a loft. Now i m not saying cheaper bags couldnt do the same job but it does feel like a well tgought out and quality product.

Reply to Veto Pro pac , are they worth it ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock