Discuss Vettels reaction on hamilton in azerbarjain race in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I played rugby union at my grammar school in the sixties, and broke two of my teeth, still got the remnants . Never got fagged though :)
You were lucky Middy, oh sorry Fagged I thought you said something else:D

I played rugby union at my grammar school in the sixties, and broke two of my teeth, still got the remnants . Never got fagged though :)
2 teeth? is that all.i broke my femur and an opposing player's nose. all on the first game @ secondary school, aged 11.

Enjoy silverstone Midwest hopefully this weather picks up a bit for you.

We did enjoy ourselves, but it was very expensive. I had a £9 cheese burger, only 'cos I couldn't be arsed to wait in the twenty minute queue for the £5 ones!

Went there with general admission tickets, but decided to upgrade to grandstand tickets for the race Sunday :tearsofjoy:; note you can only see the sky with GA.

If you like motor sport - I know some crazy guys don't - next year might be worth a visit before it ends.

We did enjoy ourselves, but it was very expensive. I had a £9 cheese burger, only 'cos I couldn't be arsed to wait in the twenty minute queue for the £5 ones!

Went there with general admission tickets, but decided to upgrade to grandstand tickets for the race Sunday :tearsofjoy:; note you can only see the sky with GA.

If you like motor sport - I know some crazy guys don't - next year might be worth a visit before it ends.
Strangely, we haven't had any recent threads on F1.

Fast forward 4 years, what the hell went on there - Abu Dhabi 2021 😲

I'm not a fan of Hamilton but still think he should have won. He showed he was faster throughout the race. Verstappen just seems to be a very arragant.

Masi could of been a bit more subtle about it, the moment the decision was made to let just the first few lapped cars through it was game over for Hamilton, ruined what was a good season, they should of red flagged it let Hamilton put some new tyres on and then had a 3 lap shoot out

If Hamilton wanted reds, there was nothing preventing him stopping for them. He would have been behind Max on new tyres, with Max on worn ones. The reverse of what happened.
Danger was that the race would finish behind the safety car, and Lewis would have thrown away the win.
Its normal for lapped cars to be allowed to overtake the safety car and unlap themselves, and this is what happened. In order to save time, and allow one racing lap, just the ones relevant to the title panel did so. The ones that didn't overtake were running 12th position downwards, so would all have had no chance of moving up to even one point in the one remaining lap.
Unusual and controversial, maybe, but Massi owed Max one after the ridiculous first lap decision.

If Hamilton wanted reds, there was nothing preventing him stopping for them. He would have been behind Max on new tyres, with Max on worn ones. The reverse of what happened.
Danger was that the race would finish behind the safety car, and Lewis would have thrown away the win.
Its normal for lapped cars to be allowed to overtake the safety car and unlap themselves, and this is what happened. In order to save time, and allow one racing lap, just the ones relevant to the title panel did so. The ones that didn't overtake were running 12th position downwards, so would all have had no chance of moving up to even one point in the one remaining lap.
Unusual and controversial, maybe, but Massi owed Max one after the ridiculous first lap decision.
Massi owed Max one fair enough, he could of given Max a fair crack at Hamilton with a few laps to go, handing him the title is a bit much though

Unfortunately, Latifi left it a bit late to bin it. No one could do anything about that.
Agreed it was a late crash, but why after Max put on New tyres did they not Red flag it and give them both an equal chance at the win, after all they went into the final race of the season on exactly the same points, why did they feel the need to hand the title to Max (that was the only possible outcome with the decision they made)

A red flag would have been a more satisfactory way of deciding the title, but Latifi's shunt was hardly of the severity that would need a stoppage.
They both had the chance to restart line astern on reds if they wanted. Max rolled the dice, Lewis didn't.

A red flag would have been a more satisfactory way of deciding the title, but Latifi's shunt was hardly of the severity that would need a stoppage.
They both had the chance to restart line astern on reds if they wanted. Max rolled the dice, Lewis didn't.
The bit your missing... is that it looks like the rules were 'changed' to facilitate a Verstappen win.. if Hamilton had stopped for fresh soft tyres, it's likely that the race would have finished 'normally' with the safety car leading the way as Verstappen won. Mercedes were damned if they stopped and damned if they didn't. That's the whole basis of the protest that Mercedes raised... and maybe the appeal and maybe the tribunal.

Mercedes were assuming that the RD (Race Director) would either let through all lapped cars (as is the normal routine that's been established for many many years) or not let through any lapped cars (as is normal only if it's wet). But the RD invented a hybrid solution of only letting through enough cars to put Verstappen right behind Hamilton. That's why it stinks so much ! There's no precedent for what he did.

The RD declared that he wanted the cars to race... but it wasn't... because with Verstappen on fresh soft tyres and Hamilton on 44 lap old hard tyres... there was only every going to be one result !

Its normal for ALL lapped cars to be allowed to overtake the safety car and unlap themselves, and this is NOT what happened. In order to save time, and allow one racing lap, just the ones relevant to the title panel did so. The ones that didn't overtake were running 12th position downwards, so would all have had no chance of moving up to even one point in the one remaining lap.
Corrected that for you, the rules do state all lapped cars can unlap themselves not just a selected few

This was just another error in Masi's error strewn race directorship in F1. Yesterday was as farcical as the two laps behind the safety car that became a race with half points awarded

With regard to the first lap decision Max has been moaning all season about being pushed off track or not being given enough room yet his lunging late braking antics force others off the track with nowhere to go

what difference would it have made if all the lapped cars had been let through, instead of just the relevant ones, other than taking longer, and having the unsatisfactory effect of the race finishing behind the safety car?

A VSC would have been more appropriate to maintain the race positioning

Reply to Vettels reaction on hamilton in azerbarjain race in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock