Discuss Virgin remote signal extender in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jay89

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m after the virgin equivalent of sky’s magic eye. I have a TV to be installed up on the wall of a clients kitchen, breakfast bar below and was hoping to site the virgin box in the cupboard below the worktop. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the advice. It’s a new installation so was wondering if anyone has experience with a device that can sit on top of the TV and link to the V box. If we’re lucky it may work without by the sounds of it!

If it's the infrared remote you want to extend I used one of these awhile back for a friend:-
link
There was a flat screen TV, wall mounted, with no shelving around it, so a cupboard was installed in the loft above the TV to house a BT YouView Box, an Apple TV Box and a Humax Video Player.
There was a HDMI Switch, so the infrared extender controlled the HDMI Switcher to select the output required.
It all worked well (to my surprise, because it only cost about a fiver at the time!) the only downside was the number of remote controls there was!
There was only a small infrared receiver stuck onto the TV and was hardly visible.

If it's the infrared remote you want to extend I used one of these awhile back for a friend:-
link
There was a flat screen TV, wall mounted, with no shelving around it, so a cupboard was installed in the loft above the TV to house a BT YouView Box, an Apple TV Box and a Humax Video Player.
There was a HDMI Switch, so the infrared extender controlled the HDMI Switcher to select the output required.
It all worked well (to my surprise, because it only cost about a fiver at the time!) the only downside was the number of remote controls there was!
There was only a small infrared receiver stuck onto the TV and was hardly visible.

That looks like it will do the job, thanks very much.

Reply to Virgin remote signal extender in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net