Discuss Visual Inspections?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

piggyitm

Hey up,I've been doing some P.I.R.'s for someone and a 100% visual and 30% test was the agreed limitation.
I can't see how a 100% visual could be possible without causing all sorts of damage and how could you be sure you've inspected 100% if you didn't know about that buried RB4?Or is it 100% visual of the 30% sample?I dont want to get all pedantic with the client,just know i've filled out the sheets according to what I've done.

Any ideas?? Cheers

did he not want 100% test and 30% visual that would have made more sense.

There is a section on page 1 of PIR below the agreed limitation section that states.
Cables concealed within trunking and conduits or cables and conduits concealed underfloors, in inaccessible roof spaces and generally within the fabric of the building or underground have not been visually inspected.

your limitations of the visual are ie that you wont be ripping carpets and floorboards up to check the cables underneath. make sure you list your limitations.

I'm subcontracting to do some PIRs and these are the limits I would normaly list,but I did a google and found people were doing visual inspection only certs.I'd not heard of them,so I thought the client(facilities management) must be right.Tho, I can't belive anyone can do a 100% visual on a periodic,based on the fact if you've agreed limitations,and the limits will need inspecting at the next test,then it's not 100%.
I'm gonna have to fill out the sheet as normal and hope their customer doesn't twig they were charged for something they didn't get.

Reply to Visual Inspections?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock