Discuss Volkswagen is toughest car? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Percyprod

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
According to their advert, the Volkswagen Roc can scare a lamb. Would this persuade anyone to buy one?

According to their advert, the Volkswagen Roc can scare a lamb. Would this persuade anyone to buy one?
Unless you want to tie them up in the back, you Cumbrians have a bit of Welsh in you don't you?

Even though a friend of mine is Irish stock and from Shap, thats another story though........

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd buy a Lamb, but I wouldn't buy a VW or any other car in the VAG group.
My Son had to pay £2000 towards a new engine in a 4 year old Skoda Yeti, bought new and dealer serviced, after VW thought it was O.k to make pistons out of marshmallow.
The same engines in the USA were replaced totally free of charge, thousands of them.
I do my best to put anyone off buying from the VAG group, mind you they've done a better job themselves with the emissions issue.

If you want to scare a lamb,buy some mint sauce...if you want a man's vehicle,get a Patrol :)

My old girl had to tow-start a 4 tonne 4x4 Zetor tractor,with a fully loaded 10 tonne tipping trailer,coupled to the back of it,last night.

It would have impressed any onlooking,young ram...;)

Speak to my mechanic pal about VW/Audi and he’ll say “VW ain’t what they used to be! Since they teamed up with Skoda, Skoda have learned a lot from VW, but VW have learned a lot from Skoda!”

... had to pay £2000 towards a new engine in a 4 year old Skoda Yeti, bought new and dealer serviced, after VW thought it was O.k to make pistons out of marshmallow...
Aghh! I have one that just turning 3 years old, gulp. Anyway to tell if it's the same engine?

Don't worry, we made the mistake of joining a Discovery forum, almost sent ours back thinking it was faulty as it's done 40,000 miles in 3 years and had no faults! It's our 4th by the way, all been great cars. Just don't call it an SUV!

Mmm I suppose a Patrol is pretty near to being a tractor! Stick to my Disco I think!

I have a large number of pals and associates,who made the error of purchasing TDV6's ... very expensive journey...a nice touch,having a common failure,which can require the bodyshell to be removed ;)

Not a hater:) me first car was a series 2a,which i put 4 different type of engines in,finishing with a mercedes diesel ... i wonder what Maurice Wilkes would make of a £120k RangeRover,which breaks-down 6 days from new...

Reply to Volkswagen is toughest car? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net