Discuss Volt Stick Tip. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have not even bothered to view it , as the only good tip for one of them things is bin the f"""""r before it kills you !

Edit ; I did not think I could post on the DIY forum !!!!?:49:

I have not even bothered to view it , as the only good tip for one of them things is bin the f"""""r before it kills you !

Edit ; I did not think I could post on the DIY forum !!!!?:49:

How can a volt stick kill you?

The screwdriver ones with a resistor can.

Your a grumpy old git stuck in his ways and wont accept tools that make your life easier

Shankey , We have a cat scanner for when using the digger and moles , although with a price tag of around 180 times that of your average volt stick , and even that will "detect" just by waving it in the sky !
I know why people like volt sticks , but it is all to easy to forget yourself and occasionally use it as a means of confirmation of isolation !

I always have a voltstick in my pocket/ great for stirring your brew on site.

I've got one, it's great, use it for proving live, tracing circuits, finding breakers etc etc. would I ever use it to prove dead........nope, I have a T5 for that, it's like everything, it has it's place and if only ever used for that it's great.

Btw I know of a NICEIC inspector that keeps one on his person for checking if SWA's are earthed.

I've got one, it's great, use it for proving live, tracing circuits, finding breakers etc etc. would I ever use it to prove dead........nope, I have a T5 for that, it's like everything, it has it's place and if only ever used for that it's great.

Btw I know of a NICEIC inspector that keeps one on his person for checking if SWA's are earthed.
, .

Attachments

• mmmm.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 137
I cant believe so many people have negative views about these, they are brillaint and save a lot of time to verify circuits and avoid removing accessory plate's untill you need to. Imaging your in a 5 storey office block testing a 36 way landlords board with no circuit chart or any details, you can not unscrew every spur and put it back till you find the circuit your after. They save heaps of time and help get the job done quicker. A great bit of kit!

I cant believe so many people have negative views about these, they are brillaint and save a lot of time to verify circuits and avoid removing accessory plate's untill you need to. Imaging your in a 5 storey office block testing a 36 way landlords board with no circuit chart or any details, you can not unscrew every spur and put it back till you find the circuit your after. They save heaps of time and help get the job done quicker. A great bit of kit!

If its a socket I know a few guys that trip the breaker using a plug top and then see which mcb has tripped

I have found a very good use for them...I've taught my 4 year old & my 6 year old daughter that there is 'lectric' in cables and sockets. Excellent way of teaching them about the dangers of 'lectric' because it lights up and it beeps

Reply to Volt Stick Tip. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net