Discuss Voltage droop in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kris uk

Hi guys and girls I'm new to the forum and it's probably on here somewhere but could someone please tell me a simple way of calculating volt drop as I'm not having much joy with the Maths side of things and I've got my 2391-10 in two weeks as easy as possible plse

there's only 1 way. multiply the mV/m by the length then the current then divide by 1000

Hi & welcome. :)

the calculation gets more complex if all the load is not at the end of the circuit, say, a lighting circuit with the loads spaced along it. e.g. 10 lights, 100watts each. spaced along the run. VD at 1st light will be calculated at 1000watts for the length from source, 2nd VD will be 900watts fot it's length , etc. till the last will be 100watts at the full length of the cct.

There was a post re max length of ring final cct but I cant seem to find it.

The calc was Max VD x 4 x 1000 / Ib x mv/A/m can someone shed some light on this one?

The calc was Max VD x 4 x 1000 / Ib x mv/A/m can someone shed some light on this one?

that would give an approx. length of a 2.5mm RFC at 30A of 90m, which seems about right. not seen the formula before now, though.

there's only 1 way. multiply the mV/m by the length then the current then divide by 1000

It's not the only way.... ((R1+Rn) x 1.2) x Ib is another way (V = I x R)

that would give an approx. length of a 2.5mm RFC at 30A of 90m, which seems about right. not seen the formula before now, though.

It's in the Electricians Installation Design Guide. For a radial it is (MaxVD x 1000) Ă· (Ib x mV/A/m)

the mv/A/m values for say 2.5mm is 18. so can use this as your R1+R2 per meter of 2.5mm

so an immersion heater circuit would be 11.5 x 1000= 11500 / 13.04 x 18 =11500 / 234.72 = 48m length

It's not the only way.... ((R1+Rn) x 1.2) x Ib is another way (V = I x R)

It's in the Electricians Installation Design Guide. For a radial it is (MaxVD x 1000) Ă· (Ib x mV/A/m)

Can any one tell me how to calculate the milli volts per meter from theese measurements load current 45amps .circuit length 80m .live conductors 10mm.m ohm/m at 20 degrees c 1.83

Can any one tell me how to calculate the milli volts per meter from theese measurements load current 45amps .circuit length 80m .live conductors 10mm.m ohm/m at 20 degrees c 1.83

VD = (((R"1+R"n) x Cr) x L x Ib) Ă· 1000
VD = (((1.83+1.83) x 1.2) x 80 x 45) Ă· 1000 = 15.81V

Cr = Correction factor for 70°C
R"1 = mΩ/m of line conductor
R"n = mΩ/m of neutral conductor

tell me a simple way of calculating volt drop as I'm not having much joy with the Maths side of things and I've got my 2391-10 in two weeks as easy as possible plse

You asked for easy
:28:
Measure the voltage at the supply and deduct the voltage at the extremity,simples
:blush5:​

bloody 'ell ,des. you just made me choke on my beer.

Reply to Voltage droop in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net