Discuss Voltage drop for fp200 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Jamie Smith

Hi,

Am running a radial power circuit in 4mm fp200 with a 20A rcbo but am a bit worried about the voltage drop. I have a 70M run clipped direct and by my calculations I will need to go to 6mm. I am using table 4d2 but don't know if there is a table for fp200.

As above... why FP200 as its not a common choice other than EM lighting and Fire Systems ...and what design current

you could perhaps use 4 core 2.5mm and parallel the conductors.

you could perhaps use 4 core 2.5mm and parallel the conductors.

What about Zs on this Tel...:eek:mg_smile: might work on short run but at 70m you will have earth serving doubled up L/N, this would worry me about it meeting Zs permitted values and not a route I'd want to take...

Jamie - can I enquire as to the nature of the circuit, seems a strange design current given the nature of its common uses, don't get me wrong not saying your using the wrong cable just curious thats all.

What about Zs on this Tel...:eek:mg_smile: might work on short run but at 70m you will have earth serving doubled up L/N, this would worry me about it meeting Zs permitted values and not a route I'd want to take...

oops. i didn't think that one out :ack2::ack2:

Find out the BS number of fp200, there's a section in the regs which will give you the correct table.

It's BS7629-1. Table 4A3 in BGB states to use 'Applicable Current Rating Table' 4D2.
So I assume Jamie can use 4D2B for his calcs.

A couple of points to consider,

what is the likely loading on these S/Os ? in other words could you drop the Ib to say 16A ?

What about either making it two radials at the MCB or making it a ring ?

I am not sure if any of the above helps as obviously I don't know the layout, there are no problems, only solutions you have not thought of yet :)

Reply to Voltage drop for fp200 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock