Discuss voltage labels in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Im in the panel wiring industry at the moment and was asked if I have to put voltage supply label next to isolator on the front of the control panel or will a flash label with danger hazardous voltage do? I cant find anything in the regs.
Thanks in advance

regs. call for a warning only if the phase-earth voltage exceeds 230V.

Control panels are subject to different regulations to installations so may have other requirements than those of bs7671

true. and also subject to the policy of the company.

Thanks all so going with that, I have specified diferent voltages inside enclosure with stickers but outside I will put sticker " Hazardous Voltages" with a flash label

Thanks all so going with that, I have specified diferent voltages inside enclosure with stickers but outside I will put sticker " Hazardous Voltages" with a flash label

Are stickers complaint with your build spec/panel regs? Common sense says you'd want something a bit more permanent.

Im a tad confused here, your integral panel wiring colours are indication of the voltage range and whether they are AC or DC, your Schematics that you are required to supply also will clearly indicate all voltages within the panel and any equipment connected to it.

Are you building these panels without knowledge of the EU low voltage directive specifically the standards that cover this area, most likely the BS60402 in your case?
From your initial query and your comment which I assume refers to the BS7671 standards as this is what the forum is based around and you haven't specified any other reg's then would I be correct in that assumption?

What do your panels control/measure?
What is the environment they are subject to?
Do the have any interlock isolation on the panel doors and if so are there still live circuits not isolated by the door interlock once it has been open ( interlinked wiring, panel lighting etc)
Does any low voltage connections within the panel that will be live when the door could be open have sufficient guarding?
If the panel is going to be used to access components by a trained user, possibly to reset equipment, if so has the design and internal hazardous parts all been guarded and finger safe?

Just a few questions that could impact on whether you need any warning lables and what they are made from, some or most may not apply but it is just an heads up to the more indepth requirements of panel building and why you cannot ask a question while refering to the BS7671.

Section 16 of BS60204-1 is where you need to look.

Unless the equipment your building falls under more specific regulations.

Reply to voltage labels in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock