Discuss Voltage on cpc in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lakelandsparky

Hi all, 1st post. Called to a cottage that was previously an art gallery. Customer said track lighting is causing MCB to trip. Wants them taken out & replaced with pendants. Tried testing system & couldn't get to the bottom of it - Lights all over the place, borrowed neutrals from ring main, switched neutrals, sockets on lighting circuit and an external light that I couldn't find a switch or a JB for. A proper piecemeal, DIY job. Recomended that circuit be disconnected and, to save chasing a stone wall, take the new lights from the kitchen which is on a seperate circuit and had been OK. Test on new intstall OK for continuity, polarity and IR, but when energised have got 70v e-n.
I know, should have tested the kitchen circuit 1st, but has anyone got any ideas what may be causing this - another borrowed neutral?

Reply to Voltage on cpc in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Over the last few days, I have stumbled across a number of threads that seem to point to a prevalent misunderstanding. Either that, or I have been...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I did an EICR recently and then changed a consumer unit. As part of the EICR process I take off around 25% of all accessories to...
Replies
Views
I'm taking a look at the 120v wiring in an old travel trailer that I recently bought, and plan to live in full time soon. It has some quirks that...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock