Discuss Voltis in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sedgy34

i was offering a free voltis hd unit with every 4kw pv system it was an incentive for people to take this up as it saved an extra 18% equivelant to £170 per annum for a family of 4. after a few orders (thought yep i love it when a plan comes together) until the voltis switched to 220v an old rcd tripped in a DB found out its switching cycle was within the rcd switchin times around 24ms.
anyone else experienced this problem just so you know HD=heavy duty= 240/250v in domestic

I had a similar problem after installing a voltis home, when the unit switched from the incoming mains voltage to the lower voltage it tripped the rcd in the consumer unit. The board was an old type and when I changed the rcd for a same make but new type it didn't trip which sorted the problem. According to marshall tufflex's website the hd unit covers incoming voltages of 230V to 253V.

Had a Voltis Home HD in my own house for about 3 months, with a 17th Edition (MK) CU. No tripping issues. Can't get me head round why the unit should trip a downstream RCD

Marshall tufflex Tel me the relay switches within 24ms
If the same as the rcd it wil throw it out they told me to change old mk rcd in the db I couldn't get one anywhere so the Voltis had to go

Reply to Voltis in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock