Discuss VR - Warning! - Adult content ahead in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had the opportunity to view x-rated content on a headset, PS4 now has compatibility with its Littlstar media app' and you can sideload off a USB stick, the big ---- industry leaders are using extremely high quality equipment to give a shockingly realistic experience

My immediate opinion is that it is extremely realistic and you actually believe you are there, I honestly thought 3 sexy neighbours were sat on a bed I was laid in and welcoming me to the neighbourhood wink wink!!

I know ---- can be seedy to some but I was brought up in a open minded family, you can ask my Nan Debbie who recently moved back to Dallas.

Anyway the subject is up for discussion regarding the technology and because we are in the public arena here, can we discuss in a suitable manner and no links or pics which are against forum rules.

Perhaps unbelievable however I have never watched ---- in my life. I prefer the real thing. I was also brought up from the word go as a strict catholic. Having said that well goodness me what will they think of next. I do have my doubts about 3d tech especially what effect it may have neurologically. I suspect it may be harmful in terms of development in younger people. The ultimate mind onanism? I wonder what effect that may have in terms of personal relationships and the beauty of sharing?

@westward10 ... is the dislike the subject matter or your experience of the VR ?
I was about to say we have all seen some ---- until I read Vortigerns reply however, I am no prude and am not offended by it but there are two sides to this industry one being the happy well paid individuals, the other the many young girls who are abused and forced into the industry. As for VR, no idea and have no clue what it is and maybe you would have received more response had you chosen a different subject matter. One response from 40+ views says it all, totally inappropriate.

As if human kind needs anything more to degradate it - and we wonder why the world is as it is.
But that is just my opinion, if you want to lie on the bed with a mask on, not hearing or seeing anything beyond the 'input' - possibly with your 'wang' in your hand - just make sure yer mums out!

I only have 1 question, when is it coming to the xbone platform :D

...no puns intended...or seriousness before someone gets all righteous

Like it or not the ---- industry has helped boost the development of technology over the years. Particularly online video publishing.
this will be putting quite a bit of money in to developing and improving the technology, and nobody knows where it will lead or which other industries will benefit.

Personally this application of VR technology doesn't interest me or bother me, but if given the opportunity I would try it, but then I believe in trying anything at least once.

@westward10 ... totally understand your take but this is not sleezy ---- of a unknown origin, its from well known companies, equal pay on artists and they are not in the trade through any kind of pressure, you are mixing the nasty side of exploitation up with a well regulated industry ... these are pumping millions into the tech so at the moment it is not reachable by those that abuse and force a certain kind of sex trade.

As if human kind needs anything more to degradate it - and we wonder why the world is as it is.
But that is just my opinion, if you want to lie on the bed with a mask on, not hearing or seeing anything beyond the 'input' - possibly with your 'wang' in your hand - just make sure yer mums out!

Your opinion is appreciated and respected but many couples out there including myself do not limit our carnal knowledge to expected routine which Imho can get boring, In my relationship we always strife to keep it exciting and not just something many do when they have had a few sherbets, each to their own tbh if you are both happy then whos to quabble, like i said I was brought up to be open minded, sex isn't taboo with parents, imho everything in your life should be comfortable to talk with your parents but that depends on theirs and your attitude and that is generally passed down, modern day swingers are evidence of that to the more relaxed attitudes, hippies in the 60's who shared the love, nowadays we have swingers and doggers....... same thing different era.

Last edited:
We seem to be sidelining the main point here, has anyone tried it ... ps both me and our lass tried it together for those thinking this is a lonely man exclusive subject.. tbh with you, she found it first.

Last edited:
@westward10 ... totally understand your take but this is not sleezy ---- of a unknown origin, its from well known companies, equal pay on artists and they are not in the trade through any kind of pressure, you are mixing the nasty side of exploitation up with a well regulated industry ... these are pumping millions into the tech so at the moment it is not reachable by those that abuse and force a certain kind of sex trade.
Oh that's alright then what an idiot I am who would have thought there were two defined sides to the industry which operate independently. Sometimes you just don't realise do you.

Oh that's alright then what an idiot I am who would have thought there were two defined sides to the industry which operate independently. Sometimes you just don't realise do you.

I get you understand there are the 2 sides to the industry and was just explaining at the time of posting this VR technology is exclusive to the well regulated side so shouldn't be an issue with those who are concerned with the nastier side the industry can generate, tbh it is like any industry and especially the low skilled sector, there are many gangs operate throughout the world and our country who people traffic for slave labour of any nature but it doesn't mean the subject is off limits if discussed responsibly.

Like I highlighted at the beginning, the ---- industry has invested the most out there in equipment and recording technology, you can visit many non --- sites with VR and view content of all natures but the resulting image and immersive feel, although amazing at first, does stand out as been a growing technology as alot of it is blurred, edges are blocky etc .... this recent introduction by PS4 of a side loading App' allowing you to download content to view has allowed true access to the extremely high quality that can be acheived through VR, it is unfortunate at the moment that this quality and depth of immersion is currently only out there in the --- industry, but it still regardless of the subject matter, shows just how scarily realistic it can be. It's difficult to discuss the subject without expressing where you can view the high end 360/180 VR otherwise it would obviously be more appropriate to not even bring up this industry but as it stands and as I have found it is the only real way to get the full experience of the technology at its best quality.

PS4 allows direct internet access through the console but it does not allow access to such sites for obvious reasons, it also recognises Youtube direct through the console in VR mode so their are 1000's of vids you can watch on their, again these are mainly done by a amatures or pro's with equipment that is still technically in its infancy so results are somewhat low end when viewing.

I have absolutely no issue with anyone that doesn't sit comfortably with such a subject matter and for reasons you have raised, but IMHO just because there exists a nasty side to it, it doesn't mean it is off limits, like I said many industries some of which you and I would be the end users do exploit people, child labour etc but I'm sure you, like myself would boycott any company or product that knowingly tapped in to modern day slavery and forced labour if they were exposed, at least this --- industry is easily defined into its 2 segments and you know what your getting in nearly all cases unless you try searching for it through some seedy unregulated source, the sites producing the above mentioned VR content are like I say professional, with career actors and actresses who are in their own category famous and well known hence they have there own version of the Oscars etc ..

Little offends or upsets me even electrocutions in Turkish swimming pools. I just felt the chosen subject matter was inappropriate, yes I have heard of the ---- Oscars not quite sure what they are awarded for certainly not acting but then again if the Hollywood Oscars were only handed out for good acting it would be a short ceremony.

Perhaps unbelievable however I have never watched ---- in my life. I prefer the real thing. I was also brought up from the word go as a strict catholic. Having said that well goodness me what will they think of next. I do have my doubts about 3d tech especially what effect it may have neurologically. I suspect it may be harmful in terms of development in younger people. The ultimate mind onanism? I wonder what effect that may have in terms of personal relationships and the beauty of sharing?

The VR tech has indeed taken your concerns into account, use of it is warned against under the age of 12 as your eyes are still in development and it cannot be ruled out that it wouldn't effect the normal visual development in young children, the biggest issue is sickness, when you are effectively moving in your virtual world it can confuse your brain and takes some getting used to, many try it, feel ill and never go back but there are good and bad experiences out there so pick the wrong one and you're going to get a biased impression based on your only experience of it, the --- industry doesn't have you moving in your environment so there is no sickness in that nature, there are also 2 different types of VR experience, one is a surround or 180 2d image which is just like a rap-around tv, the other is the deeply immersive 3d experience that is usually the one that blows your mind and makes you think you can reach out and actually touch things as they can seem so real... anyone getting into this will no doubt experience all the different formats of what is on offer but may not get the full ability out of their equipment as it comes down the the money and those producing it, this is why it takes billion dollar industries to push it to its limits and once you have viewed their quality of material even putting aside the nature of it then you know this is the future, whether that is a good or bad thing overall is anyones guess but it is definately here to stay.

Imagine -
-Viewing a potential new home while your at home, been able to walk around it as though your there.
-Imagine seeing your favourite team from the best seat live but you really sat at home.
-You can't go see Jedward as you are working but now you can be there whenever you have a spare hour or so

All the above are now been realised and regarding sports and concerts they have actually started to do VR recording and live streaming, I went to a Depeche Mode concert only yesterday in Germany without leaving my room and I got to be on stage with them for part of it..so you can appreciate where this is all heading.

Little offends or upsets me even electrocutions in Turkish swimming pools. I just felt the chosen subject matter was inappropriate, yes I have heard of the ---- Oscars not quite sure what they are awarded for certainly not acting but then again if the Hollywood Oscars were only handed out for good acting it would be a short ceremony.

Your concerns are not just reserved to yourself, I did bring it up in the staff room regarding the subject matter and was going to post in the Arms only out of public eyes but we have a larger audience here and if discussed maturely and it is monitored correctly I felt it like any subject, it shouldn't be off limits as it is one of the biggest industries out there and it is now mixing with, what is in concept, going to be the future of technology and everyday life.
We have in the past talked about Politics, Islam, Homophobia all of which may not sit well with everyone and can generate some very strong opinions and like this subject it requires monitoring but given it's my thread it will indeed by watched carefully, we are not discussing any real ---- content, putting links or pics up we are only relating to it because at the moment its the most immersive experience I have found out there and blows all the other content across the gaming world and Youtube out of the water for realism.

I like the idea of house viewing via VR. I am sure there are many applications. In Bristol we have this fab scheme called Yobike. People download the app register and get to ride the many yellow bikes around the city. Sadly already it is being abused. Bikes are being vandalised, chucked in rivers and people are "keeping the bikes safe" by hiding them in their house. Here you have a good thing and it is already being abused. Human nature is such that it will use any good thing and turn it to poor account. I fear the same will happen and will be sold as a good thing but soon turn into something bad.

I like the idea of house viewing via VR. I am sure there are many applications. In Bristol we have this fab scheme called Yobike. People download the app register and get to ride the many yellow bikes around the city. Sadly already it is being abused. Bikes are being vandalised, chucked in rivers and people are "keeping the bikes safe" by hiding them in their house. Here you have a good thing and it is already being abused. Human nature is such that it will use any good thing and turn it to poor account. I fear the same will happen and will be sold as a good thing but soon turn into something bad.
I understand your concerns and also why the bikes are been abused and vandalised as is human nature but VR is not in essence rented or borrowed property that is subject to abuse, you the end user will own your own equipment and you will just plug into the internet and use as you wish, where the commercial/industrial industries use the tech and show potential customers their products etc through VR then they will be there to supervise the use of them so I cannot see the concern you bring up been realised, sitting at home with your own expensive equipment watching a live football game from a front row view and having the ability to change seats to suit at half time is already out there and been used, its only draw back is the publics slow uptake and having to catch up with the technology due to cost and its relative infancy in technology.

Reply to VR - Warning! - Adult content ahead in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock