Discuss VW Scirocco advice please in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DanUK

-
Reaction score
Hello, I hope you can help please.

I purchased a VOLKSWAGEN SCIROCCO GT BLUEMOTION TECH 2012 last week (fabulous car which is very exciting) after trading in a Citroen DS3 from a garage. It drives like a dream...

The one downside however is that the car was changed over to a Pioneer system which doesn't work - it keeps switching off and nothing actually works on it (radio, rear view parking camera etc). The camera has been fitted and is visible above the rear registration plate so I assume all wiring is already done. There is also a microphone which I assume is for the phone system.

The garage knocked some money off the price as it's clear this needs replacing.

My questions are:

1) if this were you would you go back to the standard kit or could I instead add CarPlay without much problem?

2) if I were to go for CarPlay would the following one work?
My concern is, and I hope you can assure me, is whether this will work with the phone system (microphone in the car etc) and the messages which come up on the main control screen near the speedometer etc, whether it will work with system messages from the car and in general not limit any controls/features the car has by default, but cannot communicate with another device about. Also it would need to work with the controls on the steering wheel.

Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075FKSK43/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ME9BBb2WVRQEN

3) whether the device will fit into the void of the gap for the media system nicely? The current one doesn't and looks a bit of a mess (picture attached)

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance/reassurance you can provide!

Best wishes,
Dan

Any photos of the current unit in the car, it could be something simple as a loose connection on a setting on the unit, any other mods on the car as stuff is usually buggered up by aftermarketers adding bits to a car, where in London are you BTW?

Any photos of the current unit in the car, it could be something simple as a loose connection on a setting on the unit, any other mods on the car as stuff is usually buggered up by aftermarketers adding bits to a car, where in London are you BTW?

Edit, just re read it has been fettled with and an after market unit fitted whats the models number of the Pioneer.......

Reply to VW Scirocco advice please in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net