Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers

Please visit our prime electrical forum sponsor - they have the best tools at the best prices. If you find a price better somewhere else, call them or contact them, and they may be able to beat it for you. Especially on an order of a few items.

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Wago advice needed about type and maintenance free connections in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Green Sparkie

Green Sparkie Active EF Member

Hi guys,

Currently have some 221 wago connectors and looking at the 222 connectors around the same price. Am I right in saying that the 222 connectors would be classed as maintenance free in a wago box but not the 221's?

Thanks

2. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Hi and welcome to the Forum.
    It depends on which box is used. The MF certification has a long and rigorous test and not all Wago connectors are MF certified in all their boxes, if that makes any sense. Their website gives a breakdown of which combinations are MF approved on the 3 pages that rotate through the display.
    http://www.wago.ltd.uk/enclosures/wagobox/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    As far as I'm aware...

222's are maintenance free (along with the 773 push fits) when used in a standard Wagobox or a Wagobox XLA.

221's are maintenance free (along with the 2273 push fits) when used in a Wagobox XL.

If you use the plastic sleeves to say mount the compact connectors in a Wagobox or a Wagobox XLA, they cannot be used in maintenance free configuration.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    I should add... Wagobox Light are NOT maintenance free and should not be used as such.

Full details of using the boxes in maintenance free situations can be found on the Connexbox website (the makers of Wagobox).

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Green Sparkie

Green Sparkie Active EF Member

Thanks for the really comprehensive replies guys I will check out the links.