Discuss Wagos, who needs Wagos in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have never use these and wou.d not want to but you can buy them from cef , john ward has done a demonstration using these it called wire connection overload not sure if pete has already posted the video but as i remember the wago failed before the wire nut.

We used to use them over here. I have removed plenty, mostly from central junction box system lighting circuits in houses. Both plastic and ceramic versions.

I have never use these and wou.d not want to but you can buy them from cef , john ward has done a demonstration using these it called wire connection overload not sure if pete has already posted the video but as i remember the wago failed before the wire nut.
Funny I have just watched that mind you the wire was on fire first.

When light fittings with those stupid push in connections to the lamp holders reared their obscene head,I avoided buying any fitting that would contain such heartache :relieved: (and they carried very low current)

Imagine my flabbergast when these Wago larger current carrying contraptions hit the shelves,total heartbreak :fearscream:

You can give me all the science you care,I would not under any circumstances use them,they are a inferior remedy for a problem that has never existed :)

My lighting circuit contained loads of the wire nut thingies when I bought my house 15 years ago. Although I don't like them, and obviously wouldn't use them, all the connections were still sound. So were all the screw terminal connections in the many JBs I found under the floorboards. The terminals seemed to be as tight as they probably were when they were installed 40-50 years ago.

I don't view these any worse then a standard chocolate block, and we have all used plenty of those.

Ive used them with no issues personally.

Apart from them looking a bit ----y, is there any real issues apart from personal preference?

I don't view these any worse then a standard chocolate block, and we have all used plenty of those.

Apart from them looking a bit ****y, is there any real issues apart from personal preference?
You've used wire nuts?

Yep, some free samples I was given.

They were grease filled, I used them at home inside a Wiska box on the outside of the shed. It's not burnt down yet...

Apart from them looking a bit ****y, is there any real issues apart from personal preference?

The same reason that twisting solid cores together anywhere is bad practice, the copper can work harden and snap at the point where it starts to twist.

But it's just one movement isn't it? Just like folding the conductor back on itself to fill the terminal hole?

I'd agree with that if people was adding or removing conductors from the same nut.

When light fittings with those stupid push in connections to the lamp holders reared their obscene head,I avoided buying any fitting that would contain such heartache :relieved: (and they carried very low current)

Imagine my flabbergast when these Wago larger current carrying contraptions hit the shelves,total heartbreak :fearscream:

You can give me all the science you care,I would not under any circumstances use them,they are a inferior remedy for a problem that has never existed :)
bet you don't like sliced bread or motorised transport, either :). it's called progress des. :D

Reply to Wagos, who needs Wagos in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net