Discuss Wagos, who needs Wagos????????????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry Mods forgot to put this in "Pete's Videos" still never mind eh, it is Sunday and him upstairs forgives Sinners.

I know you're trying to get me going! You must use wagos regulation 999.1.1.3 in case you don't know.

I agree with you as I get through lots of them, but some old timers don't rate them (can't think why)?
I think you will find peter, that many you call "oldtimers"certainly in my case, the thought of Maintenance Free joints, (Wagos in Wago boxes) an alien coneption, I appreciate it's the done thing nowadays, but, something tells me it isn't Kosher, What if one ofe these Wago joints, you have confidently made and slung under some sheets of flooring breaks down? not so maintenance free now are they? yes you will say "all joints should be accessable unless they are MF" it's not the Wagos, it's the total confidence people have in then Nothing in this world is infalable, Murphy's Law is present everywhere, if it's man made it WILL fail sooner or later. Rant over nothing personal.:):mad::D:p:oops:;)

I think you will find peter, that many you call "oldtimers"certainly in my case, the thought of Maintenance Free joints, (Wagos in Wago boxes) an alien coneption, I appreciate it's the done thing nowadays, but, something tells me it isn't Kosher, What if one ofe these Wago joints, you have confidently made and slung under some sheets of flooring breaks down? not so maintenance free now are they? yes you will say "all joints should be accessable unless they are MF" it's not the Wagos, it's the total confidence people have in then Nothing in this world is infalable, Murphy's Law is present everywhere, if it's man made it WILL fail sooner or later. Rant over nothing personal.:):mad::D:p:oops:;)
I forgot to add, and was too late to edit. There was a time, when a junction/joint box installation was a skill to be learnt, cables clipped on a a wooden platform mounted betwee 2 joists, an inportantly marked on a loor plan, nowadays slap the joint into a overpriced box and tuck it out of the way, until that is the joint breaks down, I know Old Git don't know what he is talking about, I'm just happy to have been in the Trade when it meant something, not that there aren't some brilliant Electricians out there working hard, there are of course.

Agree,but...it doesn’t have to be used for maintenance free all the times,they’re brill for anything else

I find the push connectors so much easier and quicker when a junction box is needed in a loftspace, but as it's an 'accessible' location I'll just use a normal small adaptable box, cables clipped of course.:)

Any cable joining method,has a degree of longevity built in,to it's reliability under normal conditions,and reliability when abused.

Wagos are a fine product,and are obviously best employed with thought,care and attention to the environment they may be enduring,for the lifetime of the fixed wiring.

Used in the above manner,i believe they are an asset.

Flirted in,willy nilly,because they are quicker than spinning a terminal driver,is as dangerous,as any other poor working practice :)

Any cable joining method,has a degree of longevity built in,to it's reliability under normal conditions,and reliability when abused.

Wagos are a fine product,and are obviously best employed with thought,care and attention to the environment they may be enduring,for the lifetime of the fixed wiring.

Used in the above manner,i believe they are an asset.

Flirted in,willy nilly,because they are quicker than spinning a terminal driver,is as dangerous,as any other poor working practice :)

Twisting cables together and wrapping in electrical tape has less impact on the environment as the costs associated with the manufacture of Wago's means a polar bear will die tonight.

Twisting cables together and wrapping in electrical tape has less impact on the environment as the costs associated with the manufacture of Wago's means a polar bear will die tonight.
but how many horses die to make the glue on the back of your sticky tape?

That troubles me...but i can live with the guilt,if it is the particular bear,that has been wiping it's feet on my mints,all these years;)

...and if we are not to waste resources any further,we should organise a bbq...just don't eat the liver :eek:

Reply to Wagos, who needs Wagos????????????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock