Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Wagossssssssssssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. ChrisElectrical88

ChrisElectrical88 Forum Mentor

What type of maintenance free push in connectors does everyone buy. I go through these like im eating them, use them for everything and love them.
    I will never use anpther brand apart from Wago on the slimline lever reuseable connectors which are rated at 32A and perfect in every way.

However on the push in single use ones does everyone use wago? Ive been looking at the Ideal ones which are rated at 32A as opposed to the 24A the wagos are rated at. Ive been using the new slimline Wagos recently but there 30 percent more expensive than the Ideals. I believe the manufacturer SWA also do a similar product, anyone have any experiance with them?

Looking to buy ma few hubdred of each of the 2 pole, 3 pole and 4 poles connectors but thought id get some other opinions before buying a years worth.

2. Baddegg

Baddegg Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x Electrician's Arms

Wagos always for me just cos I like they MF boxes, you can reuse the push ins Chris if you pull and twist back and forth at the same time they will come off easily...

3. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear please let me back in to the prison cell. Electrician's Arms

4. ChrisElectrical88

I use alot of the Grey Wago Joint Boxes if there what your talking about? Excellent for making safe between first and second fix etc just snapping over the wagos. However the Ideals also fit in these.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  5. Baddegg

Yep the wago joint boxes, do xl ones as well now, I have been told that wago only allow wago fittings in em to qualify as MF......

• Like Like x 2
  6. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Ideal and Wago's are both rated at 32A when not used in maintenance free mode. For maintenance free installation you have to down rate them both (to 24A)

And these connectors are only ever maintenance free when installed in compliance with the maintenance free instructions supplied with the connector boxes (Wagobox, Wagobox XL and Wagobox XLA for Wagos and the In-Sure box for the Ideal connectors). Using them in any other way means they are not installed in MF mode and must be accessible for inspection.

My personal preference is Wagos because of the availability of the various Wagoboxes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. ChrisElectrical88

Ill carry on using the Wagos then as i have been to keep the maintenace free joint compliant. Better to be safe and happy with the work than save the 40ish quid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. buzzlightyear

:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. H

H Trainee Access

Evening,

Where is the best place to get them from. I expect you to say the wholesalers, but you’ll all no doubt probably have other sources.

10. Baddegg

If you don’t use many then TLC will sell em in about 20 packs I think most places it’s bixes of 100’s....if you don’t use wholesalers then screw-fix have a good range of em..

11. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

HelaCon very small and nice colours :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Charlie_

Charlie_ Electrician's Arms

Go cpc as you get better discount on larger quantities

13. buzzlightyear

this takes me back years right Charlie .:D

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChrisElectrical88

Just checked the slimline wagos and my local independent deats them by about 4 quid. Cheers though.

15. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    I buy most of mine from Screwfix.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1