Discuss Wagossssssssssssssss in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Talking of twisting,does anyone ever use those Ideal 'twister' things, like a modern version of the old porcelain 'scruits' often found in old square lighting JBs. I have some which came free with a multibox of various Ideal push fits but have never used them, not confident in them really.
Bin 'em. They were for VIR stranded and definitely not up to standard. Just like twisting cables together.
Chubby Checker liked 'em, in summer, though;)

Biggest problem I’ve found with these push fit connectors, is people thinking each way is separate.
As bad as a 401JB I found...correct connections....just a mass of copper...all insulation removed.
That was a bit of DIY, though.

As bad as a 401JB I found...correct connections....just a mass of copper...all insulation removed.
That was a bit of DIY, though.

When I was a young apprentice I found a 5 amp plug like that, all cores within had been stripped bare back to the cord grip, done by a junior doctor !!:confused::eek:

That's a bit special. Surely not electricians ?

I have had better,
once I left an earth communing block with about 10 ways behind at a friends house after doing some work for him.
about a month later he called me back to say that he had fitted a new light and now all his electrics blew when he turned it on.
he had used it like a connector block assuming it was 5 separate ways when he replaced the light fitting.
bang was his description of the fault.

What type of maintenance free push in connectors does everyone buy. I go through these like im eating them, use them for everything and love them.
I will never use anpther brand apart from Wago on the slimline lever reuseable connectors which are rated at 32A and perfect in every way.

However on the push in single use ones does everyone use wago? Ive been looking at the Ideal ones which are rated at 32A as opposed to the 24A the wagos are rated at. Ive been using the new slimline Wagos recently but there 30 percent more expensive than the Ideals. I believe the manufacturer SWA also do a similar product, anyone have any experiance with them?

Looking to buy ma few hubdred of each of the 2 pole, 3 pole and 4 poles connectors but thought id get some other opinions before buying a years worth.
Embarrassed to admit but Screwfix was cheaper than my wholesalers

Reply to Wagossssssssssssssss in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net