Discuss Wall Chasing Machine for installing electrical wiring? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

No I did manage to come to terms with progress and get some battery driven bits and bobs, BUT I still have a Rawlplug jumper, i imagine that will amuse so of the younger bods, if they know what one is.

Ah yes I used a Rawltool many a time as an apprentice Pete, your hand would get sore constantly twisting the bloody thing as you walloped it. ;)

im a woman pete using the drill on chipper atm just want a neater chase and sink are the box sinking kits anygood

You'll get much better and neater results by stitch drilling the edges of the chase and box first, after an hour or two bits tend to snap though so I keep the older bits for this job.

I remember using a rawltool in my first year of my apprenticeship. Same firm used a D handle makita for masonry holes, a few months into my second year I changed firms and met SdS. Oh how much easier it was chain drilling with one of those, and a drill that didn't try breaking your wrist when it caught the 20-25mm bit lol

dacbfc7259c34f2cc2c7a2a57da61474.jpg

Just buy a wall chaser and decent dust extractor. A floor to ceiling chase can be done in less than 10min with minimal damage. Just chase and take the middle out with the SDS with a flat bit on. With a bit of practise you can cut back boxes out too.

No I did manage to come to terms with progress and get some battery driven bits and bobs, BUT I still have a Rawlplug jumper, i imagine that will amuse so of the younger bods, if they know what one is.

Is that another name for a rawlplug tool which we used to bang a few times then twist it and bang again!

Seeing 7029dave revived this one we all may as well have a go. I always thought that the chasers were very dusty things until I realised that the bosses numeric was pants. I set myself up with a Titan chaser and my beloved Henry1200w big tub with a hepa filter on it and it aced it. Hardly any dust, typical have only had one lot of chasing since.

I've had a go on that festool chaser lovely bit of kit.
I use a Bosch 5" grinder with a dust extraction guard and a fein dustex class M extractor, I use it in fully furnished houses, I don't reckon you can get a better set up for the money.

What's a Jumper? Is it one of those plastic clips with a wire in that goes on a circuit board?
What's a Rawlplug ? Is it one of those old three pin plugs with round pins?

(Tee Hee, I've still got a star drill, works when the batteries are flat :) , oh nearly forgot I've still got a stanley push pull screwdriver as well )

Reply to Wall Chasing Machine for installing electrical wiring? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net