• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Wanted, good home, tool tart in need of help in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals, being the tool afficianado that I am, I'm on the lookout for a Stanley Wooden handled ratched screw driver, the one I'm sure we all owned before the onset of torque, WIHA and WERA came along.

They had a wooden handle it was a sort of dark red colour, if there are any about, and you would like to donate / sell it will be going to a good home. PM me if you own one and wish to get shot of it.

Morning Pete, why would you want one of those, they were the work of the Devil.
They just sat there waiting for a poor unsuspecting Electrician to come along and trap their hand skin in them, I still shiver when I think of them :(

Ps there are some on eBay going for about 15.00

Morning Pete, why would you want one of those, they were the work of the Devil.
They just sat there waiting for a poor unsuspecting Electrician to come along and trap their hand skin in them, I still shiver when I think of them :(
Mornin Mate,not the "YANKEE" type the bog standard ratchet, I get this urge to renovate old tools from time to time, especially when her in doors is on the rampage, dissapearinto the Garage, you get the picture.

Last edited:
yes, remember them still have the scar down my finger from it. Thats why we now have power tools. Sounds like you are trying to make a house of horrors full of tools that make big boys cry. Hooked stanley blades is another tool of the devil.

no tool is dangerous if the operator has got the common sense of how to use it.

Reply to Wanted, good home, tool tart in need of help in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net