Discuss Wanted to say hello to the community and a little about myself... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
As the title says, wanted to say hello to everyone :)

I'm a mature student at college I completed C&G 2365 level 2 and started back last week studying for my level 3.

Managed to get my cscs card as well.

I've applied for the trainee forum access so hopefully see some of you in there :)

Also quite like PAT and got myself a PAT420 machine.

I'm not really sure what else to say apart from I hope to be a regular round here and look forward to getting involed :):):)

Thanks,

Mart

Hi Marty and welcome to the forum, I'll look into your trainee application but in the meantime feel free to ask any questions you have.

Last edited:
Welcome to the asylum mate.

good man ... good introduction

EDIT: you profile can't be viewed ...... best to open it up ....

Thanks man :) ....I think I figured out how to open it, if its not can you let me know please...

Welcome Marty, flux capacitor at the ready?

Thanks Pete....Only if you supply the 1.21 gigawatts ;)

Hi Marty and welcome to the forum, I'll look into your trainee application but in the meantime feel free to ask any questions you have.

Thanks, no rush but if you need anything more from me please let me know :)

Welcome to the asylum mate.

That genuinely made me smile thanks pal :)

Great you have a level 2 and are working toward level 3!
But do you have any real world experience?

Cheers!

Yeah, plenty of world experience been in work since 15 (up until 12 moths ago) various technical roles in telecommunication, reporting directly to senior management, managed engineers, provided support to end users right up to technical directors, provided support to help desks and technical advice to corporate solicitors. Worked on some amazing projects.

I had a massive change in circumstances which forced me to look at doing something different so I considered lots of things but in the end electrical found me. I have lots of transferrable skills and a real passion from being young really. Wired my first plug at five, had some nasty shocks as well from my curiously (I was one of them kids that liked to unscrew everything and bury cables in the back garden)

I will admit that my weakness is actual "electrician experience" i.e doing a re-wire or changing a CCU but always done small stuff myself and I'm comfortable with presentation and that its safe. When I moved in to my current property none of my metal back boxes were earthed and one socket in my kitchen had no cpc going to it at all.

**anyone who is reading this and can give me some experience I'd be very interested in talking to you :):)

You should now have access mate, I replied to your application.

Reply to Wanted to say hello to the community and a little about myself... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net