Discuss warehouse aisle sensors in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hello to all
happy new year to all, i have been asked by a client to fit sensors in the aisles of their warehouse, all they want is simple on when detection and off when no people or frork trucks etc , switching sections of an aisle as motion is detected, the loading is very low as existing flourescant lights have been converted to accomodate led strip lights/tubes, so loading is very low and in some areas the sensors will be controlling contactors, the aisles on average are about 5 metres wide and sensors will be mounted at a height of 5.3 metres from floor.
Does anyone know of appropriate sensors to do the job, i have asked for quotes which not only seem excessive but also not sure if they will do the job being regular sensors, so, help anyone please.
many thanks

infra red send/receive.the operate on 12V so you'll need a PSU (or a few) and some creative contactor/relay configurations. check the range of detectors before selection.

A decent sensor could be a CP product, how long are the aisles? Mind you they are about £100 plus each! Or around £60 for the other one I am thinking of.

Hello
Many thanks for your replies, deeply appreciated.
In response i had already installed multicore cables throughout some of the aisles, which can be easily repositioned but at present i have allowed ten metres between sensors, i had also already envisaged that contactors/relays would by utilised because of the way the existing wiring is installed.
Would you be so good to advise me of manufacturers and models please.
Many Thanks

Reply to warehouse aisle sensors in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock