Discuss Warning: Absolute Beginner Alert!! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi David and welcome to the forum,new here myself,
My advice for what it is worth is that it is acheivable but not easy,I was fortunate enough to work as an electricians mate for approximately 18 months (oldest apprentice on site at 41! lol) which combined with forums like this one was absolutely invaluable when I did finally decide to spend the £5k ish on the exams, the trading centres (Electrical Trainee) course/exam providers will tell you that you don’t need any previous experience, don’t listen to them, although passing the building regs and basic electrical theory (I forget the exact C&G no’s) is easy enough if you try,the inspection and testing stuff (2394 & 2395) is no easy task,out of a class of 12, 2 of us passed.
It is hard working for low wages at our stage in life but you can’t buy the experience, even after 2 years I’m still constantly looking through the books and following the advice given by the very experienced sparks on here, stick at it and hope it works out for you

Hi David and welcome to the forum,new here myself,
My advice for what it is worth is that it is acheivable but not easy,I was fortunate enough to work as an electricians mate for approximately 18 months (oldest apprentice on site at 41! lol) which combined with forums like this one was absolutely invaluable when I did finally decide to spend the £5k ish on the exams, the trading centres (Electrical Trainee) course/exam providers will tell you that you don’t need any previous experience, don’t listen to them, although passing the building regs and basic electrical theory (I forget the exact C&G no’s) is easy enough if you try,the inspection and testing stuff (2394 & 2395) is no easy task,out of a class of 12, 2 of us passed.
It is hard working for low wages at our stage in life but you can’t buy the experience, even after 2 years I’m still constantly looking through the books and following the advice given by the very experienced sparks on here, stick at it and hope it works out for you

Hi Baddegg, thank you for that. I find it heartening that what I'm attempting to do isn't pioneering!

Your welcome David,I wish you the best of luck, and do keep coming back here trust me you’ll develop a thicker skin and you will learn plenty just by reading through and comparing to your existing and growing knowledge

Reply to Warning: Absolute Beginner Alert!! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock