Discuss Warning Labels inside consumer unit lid in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

He can't just fail you on regulations which don't exist tho.
Just point out the relevant parts in bs 7671 the 230volt label being one of them

If we are talking about an niceic assessor then they can fail you for things which aren't in bs7671. They are assessing you against the niceic's requirements which include, but are not necessarily limited to, complying with bs7671.

If we are talking about an niceic assessor then they can fail you for things which aren't in bs7671. They are assessing you against the niceic's requirements which include, but are not necessarily limited to, complying with bs7671.
So they make up their own rules?
Don't buy all of that really you should be assessed against bs 7671 and any building regulations or against whatever scope of work is being assessed
Yes you need all necessary paperwork/insurance to meet their requirements
Having said all that I've only worked for niceic companies so if I wanted to join they'd have me jumping through hoops or just be happy taking my money

So they make up their own rules?
Don't buy all of that really you should be assessed against bs 7671 and any building regulations or against whatever scope of work is being assessed
Yes you need all necessary paperwork/insurance to meet their requirements
Having said all that I've only worked for niceic companies so if I wanted to join they'd have me jumping through hoops or just be happy taking my money

Of course they make up their own rules, they are a company running a registration scheme, they need rules to operate and nobody outside of the company is going to make them.

It is only their domestic installer scheme which has any external influence dictating what is, or is not, required of their assessment process.

Only ever had one dubious labelling comment from an NIC area engineer, the site was missing a circuit chart. In the grand scheme of things not exactly a hanging offence.

The board had three ways on it and all MCBs were clearly labelled so I didn't see the need for a circuit chart.

I've had dealings with several assessors and never had an issue with them. On the last site visit on Tuesday he didn't even fully look at the work we did as it was all high level lighting with some emergency thrown in for good measure. Just had a good poke around the site and agreed with the comments I'd made on the cert, we actually had a good chat and a bit of a laugh.

Part of the job was emergency exit lighting and he wasn't even interested in the legend arrow pointing the wrong was as it's not within the scope of BS7671.

It's comforting to know the cheque had cleared when they cashed it... ;)

when I first joined the scam in 2005 with NICEIC at the time, sticker was missing
a kid had taken it off, the accuser failed me on it .and now every c/u change over
I take a pic just in case.

I don't have the RCD test label on my CU.... took it off after my assessment.

Most people don't know what an RCD is, let alone understand they need to test it!
It's a true statement however they are required to be fixed on/near the db in not smaller than the text size given in bs 7671

Reply to Warning Labels inside consumer unit lid in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net