Discuss Washer won't stop - keeps going through all the cycles - Any Idea? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

OmahaOutdoor71

Working on a Roper washing machine model rtw4641bq0. It completely runs an entire cycle and then starts over again. I have to manually cancel it otherwise it would run all day. Also, if the power goes out the washer automatically starts up again once power is brought back. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

I'm not at all familiar with your machine but strange faults like the one you mention are often attributed to the electrical/electronics,causes such as internal water leaks, quality of the electrical supply or damage caused by transient voltages, (spikes) etc to name a few. Is the programmer mechanical or electronic?

i have seen a few washing machines (with mechanical timers) arc the main contactor repeatedly and eventually weld themselves together.
digital controllers may fail and do this if they have suffered a large voltage spike.
but without being there to actually test it this is just a best guess.

One of the simplest causes would be the heating element being faulty, water never gets to temp so after a set period the programmer will advance through all settings to the stop position.

Whoever it is, she wasn't paying attention and some thieving beggar made off with her door! Now how do we keep the sheep in?

you welshies are always 1 up on us scousers. all we get to bonk is cows.

only if ma's on benefit.

anyway, another thread toally derailed. time for a beer.

Reply to Washer won't stop - keeps going through all the cycles - Any Idea? in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net