Discuss Washing Machine Tripping Fuse Box in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RustyNail1976

Hi,

Earlier today my washing machine tripped at the fuse box accompanied by a loud popping noise. It also took out a couple of other kitchen appliances as well as the house alarm system in the hallway. I switched it back to it's on position with plugs out of all appliances in the kitchen bar the washing machine (It won't as yet come out When I try pulling it out, so I can unplug it at the back) and minutes later the fuse popped again. Bedroom, bathroom and living room are fine, no issues. Is this then likely to be a problem with the washing machine?

probably. isolate at Consumer Unit forst, then get the damned plug out. anyway, what's you doing with a washing machine in liverpool. can't you nick from neighbours' wash lines these days? ( joke mate, from 1 scouser to another) and welcome to our asylum. :21:

probably. isolate at Consumer Unit forst, then get the damned plug out. anyway, what's you doing with a washing machine in liverpool. can't you nick from neighbours' wash lines these days? ( joke mate, from 1 scouser to another) and welcome to our asylum. :21:

Haha, cheers mate. I've tried all day getting the washing machine out but it's not budging. I've got it halfway then it just won't have it. I've had the thing out many times before without a problem. Now all I have are huge bruises on wrists as a souvenir. Will get it one way or another. I suspect the last engineer I had out may have pushed it in too far and it might be caught on something.

more likely that the socket it plugs into is damaged. might be easier option to replace the socket, then cut the plug off the machine and fit a new one. it's not possible to push the plug in too far, but the pins and the contacts in the socket could be welded together.

more likely that the socket it plugs into is damaged. might be easier option to replace the socket, then cut the plug off the machine and fit a new one. it's not possible to push the plug in too far, but the pins and the contacts in the socket could be welded together.

Think he's trying to pull out the m/c to access socket or he's prone to easy bruising when removing a socket [emoji23]

ahh. i see. another plus for fitting a 20A D/P isolator. lol.

Is it a lino floor?....if so the WM feet tend to dig in and rip the lino as you pull out the machine. Try and lift the front as you pull forward,usually works.

Is it a lino floor?....if so the WM feet tend to dig in and rip the lino as you pull out the machine. Try and lift the front as you pull forward,usually works.

It's wooden floors throughout. I've tried slipping things under the machine but it just won't budge. I can tilt it backwards and forwards so it's not stuck on anything. At least not that I know of anyway.

It's under a counter top and between two cupboards. There's no gap for me to get any kind of leverage apart from opening the door. Although as said earlier on a post, I've managed to get it out many times in the past, just not this time.

It's under a counter top and between two cupboards. There's no gap for me to get any kind of leverage apart from opening the door. Although as said earlier on a post, I've managed to get it out many times in the past, just not this time.

Could you take the kick plate off either side of the washing machine, reach through and lower the rear legs with some grips so you can get a bit more leverage?

Just watch out for coppers. :grin:

Could you take the kick plate off either side of the washing machine, reach through and lower the rear legs with some grips so you can get a bit more leverage?

I've almost destroyed the counter top trying to move it (got frustrated and started bouncing the machine around when pulling it). Theres actually one cupboard to the left of the machine with the cooker to the right. The cooker side is blocked off with the end of the counter top so have no spaces at all for me to reach through. Ideally, I'd remove the counter top and just slide the machine out from the back. Will try that later I think.

Reply to Washing Machine Tripping Fuse Box in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net