Discuss Watchdog - My Home UK (MyHomeUK) Feedback and Reviews in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Had an email from Elecsa, saying;

'ELECSA suspends contractor following TV investigation

“The ELECSA brand is one associated with excellence and we felt this action was necessary to assure the public about the expected conduct of our registrants and uphold the reputation of other ELECSA registrants."

So there. :rolleyes:

See post #26.

This "ban" is an interesting turn of events for Elecsa/NICEIC/Certsure - does this mean they will ACT when they get reports of "rogue" traders from 3rd parties - or will their policy remain the same (bury head in sand) and state they will only act if the customer complains (which most don't as they don't have the knowledge)???

Since Elecsa have sent out an email about this suspension and there have not been any previous emails, as far as I am aware, this would indicate to me that this is the first and only time when Elecsa have acted to suspend a member.
Otherwise why are Elecsa making such a to-do about it?
A bit cynical perhaps, but it does appear there are few situations regarding suspension that will be acted upon.

IMHO it's great that action has been taken. The shame is that it has taken a BBC investigation to make this happen. The bodies have a code of conduct and a much tougher stance on conduct would be well received by me and I suspect many many others...Rant over ...

I'm glad to see elecsa have acted in this case and hope it does mean the start of being able to report bad workmanship directly to them. Obviously one mans word vs another wouldn't be enough but they could build a pattern of x people have reported the same guy, let's investigate.

It's the law that needs to catch up to this company though. With the figures they're charging they can easily afford to notify the council without the need of elecsa...shocking sums of money!

Reply to Watchdog - My Home UK (MyHomeUK) Feedback and Reviews in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net