Discuss Website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

axel132132

Right so you've probably been getting fed up with me going on about Websites and SEO so this is my last post on it!! (Hopefully ;))!

The website i use is Moonfruit.com - I have now just noticed that the site is published in Flash..

I have also heard that FLASH is BADBADBADBAD for SEO!! As google crawlers cant crawl flash images and text etc

SO to go with this im AVERAGE on computers, and have created basic sites before and hosted them on free websites cant remember which was along time ago were gaming websites i downloaded free templates online uploaded own pics and wrote own text etc..

Questions are:

1. Is flash really bad for SEO + Moonfruit?
2. If i create my own HTML Dreamweaver website, can i upload it to free and buy my domain name Home - Electrician Woking and Huddersfield to that site will this affect SEO (Any ideas?)

Cheers again and sorry for being thick :)

I think you need to be realistic about what business you'll be generating via a website. Its not the holy grail to pots of gold in my experience!

true, i think it will be getting more and more used for example i did a VERY LITTLE bit of research ha

I went to my Granny, granny where would you look if you needed an electrician her answer was Yell or Thomson local

I went to my mum her answer was either Yell, checkatrade and if nothing good in there google

Were as me, if i owned a home and i needed say a joiner (As i dont know any) the first place i would look would be google. (Im 22)

So personally i think it will be getting used alot more due to the fact that younger people will use it rather than yell etc, which is why yell and thomson local are now leading more into the website creating and SEO for google nowerdays

I found after advertising with yell all I got was nusience calls from other agencies trying to get me advertised with them, you can start your own website and get hosting fees from £3 a month, very easy, moonfruit as mentioned is one of them, however there are many others.

For what its worth, I've not paid anything for SEO but I do come up very high on google searches. From what I gather, most people do a search for electrician in "village or town name" because they want a local one, and it seems to work for me.

As you rightly say, it tends to be the younger age group that google, but not always!

I pay £99 per year for hosting including provision of up to 10 email accounts and this also includes tech support as and when it arises and I'm very happy with this as its less than £2 per week

Last edited by a moderator:
If your hoping for a massive influx of work via your web site then you will be severely disappointed, a good rep, local advertising and word of mouth are what brings in most of my work, my site brings in 10% Max.

I'd imagine location and industry has a big factor on how much work a site brings in... Sole trader ... Not massive amounts... All IMO

:)

Ste

I used webplus5. You can view it www.dmsparx.co.uk. Bought domain name and pay a guy to host it. Not sure if my SEO is any good. I believe it takes a few weeks. For a start up I think a web site is important. Remember you are starting from no customer base so need good advertising. I'm going to add customer feedback page in a few months.

you can buy a domain name from getdotted.co.uk for about £10 per year and that includes free hosting.

if I'm looking for an electrician I will google "electrician town/city" eg Electrician Bath

as long as your web site page(s) have a Title that starts with "Electrician Bath" and you include the words Electrician and Bath in your text, then that's a good start to your SEO. Also put Electrician Bath in h1 tags and h2 tags.

try a google search for Electrician <your town/city> and see if your web site comes up. if it doesn't, you're losing business.

Reply to Website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock