Discuss Websites in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
As work is quiet, at the moment (unless you are MCS and in that case your going to be really busy for a few weeks)
I'm getting around to writing my own website.

how many of you guys have written your own websites?
had one written for you by another company?
what sort of responses do you get from the website?
what about S.E.O. (Search Engine Optimisation)?

Richard

Had one done for me, on page 1 / 2 when you search "electrician in Liverpool", I did the S.E.O part myself, as for how much work I get from it, not a lot direct, but as my van is sign written with the web address on, it seems to give me more credibility..... Well in the customers eyes anyway... They seem to love a bit of sign writing and a web site.

Ste

Hi Ste,
a nice site,
if you don't mind me asking, how do you add the SEO after the site has been written?
the way I understood it the way sites are optimised is by writing the site for the search engine

was the site expensive?

I'm looking into a wordpress type site.

as Flash, CSS and Javascript are invisible to the search engine Bot?

Richard

Well , I say I did the SEO, what I did was the key words on the site, signed up for every free listing I could, updated theses listing, registered on google maps, had reviews written, updated these to, keep adding new content to all your free listing & site, I have a link section for local trades at the bottom, they're on my site and I'm on theirs, links are good apparently . There is a plug in SEO for word press too... I'm a novice at all this, so Iv probably made a load of mistakes, learning as I go

Site was £400, maybe I could of gotten cheaper, but I trusted the person who did it and won't be paying any hosting fees in the next few years.
Cheers
Ste

I paid to have mine created and managed, get fed up with cold callers offering me "top of the page" search optimisation, and get 1 or 2 enquiries per month.

However I believe that a lot of customers take a look at the website before calling me.

I used a free website builder company from USA called Weebly. You can build 2 free sites which uses drag & drop modules and completes the coding for you. Then all I did was buy my domian name for a about £10 and contact their tech supports to point to my weebly site and the result is,

www.jf-electrical-testing.com

It is a job you should outsource as it can be time consuming if you don't already have the skills, and as others have indicated, you can get them built for a few hundred. Ours cost a bit more than that, but then again, it's a biggy!

It is a job you should outsource as it can be time consuming if you don't already have the skills, and as others have indicated, you can get them built for a few hundred. Ours cost a bit more than that, but then again, it's a biggy!

It'll be a bit of a project, and I maybe able to get my other half to give me a hand

I'll give it until after Xmas and if I haven't come up with something decent I'll scare the moths out of my wallet

my other half has been trading on-line since 1997,
so I'll pick her brains.

thanks fore the tip

Reply to Websites in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net