Discuss Well, here goes - Alarm stuff in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I am looking for some suggestions on an Alarm, this is what I need:

Has to be a main panel and a remote for two seperate entrances. Three seperate zones - one a door break and PIR - One door break and PIR and preferably some sort of Glass Break or Shock sensor (yes, I know they had a poor reputation but I am told the newer ones are better I don't know, it's one of the reasons I am here) and the third zone just a door open/break sensor.
I need it to have an auto-dialler feature so I can stick a PAYG sim card in and get a text if triggered. Battery Backup - A good lout internal sounder to disorientate the would be burglar and finally - Wired. I have all the wire in place.

I live in the sticks so the most wonderful outside wall box is of no use - unless someone in the village just happens to be looking my way with a pair of binoculars when triggered! A half decent box for anyone "casing the joint" would be useful though.

Really, I know exactly wahat I want but I have absolutely no idea as to which ones are best or how much or.... Well I am sure you all know what I mean, we have all been there at one time or another.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Well, im an alarm buff, but maybe lack the knowledge of some of the people who have been at it for years.

When you say, "two seperate remotes for two entry points," thats keypads i assume you mean? If so, not really a problem for most alarm panels.

Seems you are looking for a more "premium" alarm system, so maybe something like the texecom veratis excel or texecom premier may do the trick? Texecom do a nice reliable, simple system, and prices arnt too high either.

As an autodialer goes, they arnt cheap, but there is such a thing. Texecom also have one for sale ( seen one for 66£ recently) and it can send texts or ring you. There may be other things available, going from what i know just...

Internal sounder, give the internet a search. You will have a speaker as well in the house for general entry/exit tones and the like... And if the alarm goes off it acts as a siren too, but the sirens can be added as extra for when the alarm does go off...search a wholesalers or the like, and one with a nice beefy decibel rating should do the trick. I know you say you are out im the middle of nowhere, but having a bellbox outside your house (even if nobody will hear it) is a potential off-put to intruders, imagine it as if there is a house with an alarm outside, and one without, which one would you target?

Not really sure on break.glass detectors to be honest mate, but door contacts and the likes are pretty universal now, and range from £0:89 to £2.50.

Think i covered everything i can, hope it might help a bit at least.

Mike.

Stranded, you`ve hit most of it on the head, Texecom would be most suited, 3 keypads no problems, door contacts and pirs, shock sensors best bet, as glass break bit hit or miss, Texecom have a gsm text dialer, so can keep it all together. Quiet straight forward, all off the shelf items.

Suppliers have contacts which will spec and quote you to BS & Regs for free. It's under the assumption you buy the gear from that supplier. If you don't I wouldn't count on your reps help ever again

Suppliers have contacts which will spec and quote you to BS & Regs for free. It's under the assumption you buy the gear from that supplier. If you don't I wouldn't count on your reps help ever again
On a one off personal job, why would you be getting reps involved. This not a Nacoss install

Ahh, shock sensors, forgot about those.

As tazz has said, you can go and grab all these items off the shelf, any problems, shout here.

Mike and others, thanks for all your help. I did mention in my post about having a visible alarm box - I am not that daft (am I?):)
Anyhow, this system is for my "outbuildings" and as such no physical telephone line, hence the Mobile Phone - GSM type module with a sim card in it. I have looked at the Texecom stuff and it all seems pretty reasonable - until I get to the part about a stand alone GSM module and the cost of £150+ rears it's head! Just for the module.
I have found other suppliers though and I can get one for around the £100 mark plus the vodka and they say it is "compatible with all systems". Probably is but I would like someone with some experience of them to join in if they could.
Bit of a P take really, I can buy a whole mobile phone for £15 with £10 credit on it! So £120 for something that will send me a text is a bit OTT really.
Anyone care to comment? And thanks for all the suggestions so far, including the one about vibration sensor for the doors. That will work.

try contacting risco group about gardtec gear. they're based in middleton, manchester. tel. 0161 655 5500.

All manufactures are compactible with each other, as the systems work on the same methods, You can use a Guardtec panel, with texecom shocks, or ADE bell box. And any make of digi or gsm. If you state what your thinking of using one of us can draw you interconnect diagram

Reply to Well, here goes - Alarm stuff in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock