Discuss Wessex Foods Burns Down!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparky83

Anyone seen this on the news?

Well a friend of mine was the electrician whom carried out a PIR at that factory and he asked some questions on it on here.....

http://www.electriciansforums.net/i...ons/4811-periodic-testing-remedial-works.html

I bet the owners/management wish they paid more attention to him now instead of calling him a poacher and saying he was dramatizing the severity of the issues he found to try and get more work out of them!

Glad no one was hurt tho but that will teach them a big lesson, if they doubted him they should have got a second oppionion.

Shawn

Lets jus hope his PIR was 100% spot on, not that they could check any test results now.

As long as all the faults were listed with the relevant codes he should be ok if they come after him. Lets hope he has PI insurance in place!

He could also send them a link to the thread.

Seems like the PIR was over a year ago.....I just hope he covered himself as J said, otherwise it will come back on him, I've seen it happen to a friend of mine when a junior school burned to the ground......

I hope for his sake all his findings were recorded and logged correctly at the time.

Good idea about the thread being used.....it's all dated so could be used if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure the PIR was done correctly, i remember speaking to him about it at the time, he has photos, thermal imagines etc of the faults he found there.

This place even had its own full time maintenance team :confused:

Sounds like he did his bit then.:)

I'd say so yeah, but surely it cant come back on someone if they provided lots of evidense that the place was dangerous, his first post on his threaf says there was a 2.5mm fed from a 250A MCCB

Its like having a MOT done on your car and being told its really dangerous but ignoring what the guy says and driving off down the road and then crashing due to a fault that you had already been told that it was really dangerous. Then saysing its the MOT testers fault!:confused:

The only problem I could see arising is if his company or him if it is his company, didn't obtain a signature to aknowledge receipt of the PIR and the issues therein.

Large companies can afford toerag solictors who will explore any and all means of "passing the buck" to exhonerate themselves if they are so inclined.

It sounds to me like you friend will be fine. Do you know if it was an electrical fault that caused the fire??? or if any remedial works were done??? have you spoken to your friend???

He carried out no remedial works at the property, they were getting there own staff to do it. Apparently its an electrical fault in a chiller panel that caused it.

He carried out no remedial works at the property, they were getting there own staff to do it. Apparently its an electrical fault in a chiller panel that caused it.

Ah, remedials taken in house eh......more than likely nothing done then.

A chiller panel going pop would do it......I've been pulling in 240mm 4C swa supplies for chillers recently.....use a lot of juice they do.:)

Only ever had one like this, send the PIR recorded delivery and another one, with a covering letter, by registered post. Went to the PO and have still got the signatures for both even though it was over five years ago.

Hope it works out.

Steve.

Reply to Wessex Foods Burns Down!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock