Discuss Wetpants Trashed My Van in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Got love a bit of used kit off the Web. Depreciation is like compound interest for people with no money (me for example).

Slow delivery from China? That is just an opportunity for forgetful people (err....me again), to be pleasantly surprised when the parcel finally puts in an appearance.

Sorry, I appear to be so far off thread I could be the apprentice with his first bit of steel conduit. I'll get my coat.....

Before I went online to renew my van insurance yesterday evening I thought it wise to give my insurance company a call to clarify a few points before renewing. I'm glad I did. I was told that the renewal premium of £654.00 would no longer apply due to my no claims bonus being suspended until such times as wetpants' insurance company admit liability. I was then quoted just under £1600 to renew. I politely declined and went elsewhere. After having spent several hours searching online, I eventually found a policy.

I now have to take several hours off work tomorrow so I can take my van to a repair shop on the other side of city to be assessed. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest wetpants' bed linen and underwear, and may the electrical gods fry the next boiler he installs.:mad:

Before I went online to renew my van insurance yesterday evening I thought it wise to give my insurance company a call to clarify a few points before renewing. I'm glad I did. I was told that the renewal premium of £654.00 would no longer apply due to my no claims bonus being suspended until such times as wetpants' insurance company admit liability. I was then quoted just under £1600 to renew. I politely declined and went elsewhere. After having spent several hours searching online, I eventually found a policy.

I now have to take several hours off work tomorrow so I can take my van to a repair shop on the other side of city to be assessed. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest wetpants' bed linen and underwear, and may the electrical gods fry the next boiler he installs.:mad:

If they admit liability and you are self employed can't you add consequential losses to the claim, you do pay the extra for "legal" protection on your insurance so should use it and remember I fired you from that £50k job as your van was trashed and you couldn't work. I will PM you my bank account details and we can go 50/50 when you get the cash.......

If they admit liability and you are self employed can't you add consequential losses to the claim, you do pay the extra for "legal" protection on your insurance so should use it and remember I fired you from that £50k job as your van was trashed and you couldn't work. I will PM you my bank account details and we can go 50/50 when you get the cash.......

Thanks for the heads-up SWD. I'll make enquiries with the insurance company and see what transpires.

If you say my salary was £100,000 pa and agree to a 75/25 split in my favour we have a deal.:D

Wittness....wittness saw it all (where was it ;) So shocked at the carnage to an innocent Caddy I dropped David Beckham's book of excuses and lost my job as err....excuse carrier.

Seriously, I have protected no claims to cover my 12 years NCB but...the companies reserve the right to protect my NCB but still increase the premium...what!

Wittness....wittness saw it all (where was it ;) So shocked at the carnage to an innocent Caddy I dropped David Beckham's book of excuses and lost my job as err....excuse carrier.

Seriously, I have protected no claims to cover my 12 years NCB but...the companies reserve the right to protect my NCB but still increase the premium...what!

MMM...How'd you delete and accidental second post?

11 months after the event, I've finally received a satisfactory offer from Wetpants' insurers. It was hard work trying to get them to accept 100% liability, but I got there in the end. At first, they tried to palm me off with a 50/50 admission, but I was having none of it. Wetpants was 100% to blame. So I dug my heels in and instructed solicitors to pursue the matter and take court action if necessary for recovery of my uninsured losses.

I now need to contact my insurance company to get my no claims bonus restored and obtain a refund of the excess premium that I had to pay. Now it's Wetpants turn to experience a loss of no claims bonus and a corresponding hike in van insurance. :D

I can only add that i reversed into a brand new VW transporter of a plumber working at the same client. He had put the old boiler outside and i was so keen to not hit the old boiler i totally missed the fact that his van was directly behind me... lol - No damage to the rear bumper of mine but crumpled 3 panels of his van... hey ho- what goes around.....

I can only add that i reversed into a brand new VW transporter of a plumber working at the same client. He had put the old boiler outside and i was so keen to not hit the old boiler i totally missed the fact that his van was directly behind me... lol - No damage to the rear bumper of mine but crumpled 3 panels of his van... hey ho- what goes around.....
he put his wife outside????? ---- typical plumber.

Wepants is 100% at fault here too. It was his fault for parking his van in an area that you would later be reversing your van. :D

Reply to Wetpants Trashed My Van in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net