JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) what am i on the JIB pay scale?

Discuss what am i on the JIB pay scale? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

garlic_bread21

im an adult trainee 26yr old on a 2330 adv course so will be in my last year of college next year. I wanted to know what catagory i come under in the JIB pay scales i.e. senior trainee, or adult trainee. And if anyone knows what the JIB rate min should be for me?

im an adult trainee 26yr old on a 2330 adv course so will be in my last year of college next year. I wanted to know what catagory i come under in the JIB pay scales i.e. senior trainee, or adult trainee. And if anyone knows what the JIB rate min should be for me?

work out what you think you are worth

take away £5 per hour

Then you will be close to the JIB pay!!!!!

IIRC you will be classed as an adult trainee and the rate of pay is around £8.47 per hour without travelling allowance.

yes ive looked on the jib website but it doesnt give a difinitive description as to what the difference is between a adult trainee and a senior trainee and any info on trainees doing an adv 2330 apprenticeship.

I can't remember but I worked for 2 companies when I was in my 2nd year of 2330 and they were jib co's and they classed me as an adult trainee. You do also know that when you finish your 3rd year (level 2) the jib still will NOT recognise you as anything other than an electrical improver unless you go out and spend another £600 to get your NVQ 3! I only got told this at the end of my 2nd year but it never bothered me too much as didn't plan on working for a jib co anyway as the pay was too low!

start the nvq in sept along with my last year on the level three. already started taking a few photo's and things to get me ahead when i start it.

Good for you. I never saw the point as ultimately wanted to work for myself. My third year cost me £930 and I got sick of spending.

I can't remember but I worked for 2 companies when I was in my 2nd year of 2330 and they were jib co's and they classed me as an adult trainee. You do also know that when you finish your 3rd year (level 2) the jib still will NOT recognise you as anything other than an electrical improver unless you go out and spend another £600 to get your NVQ 3! I only got told this at the end of my 2nd year but it never bothered me too much as didn't plan on working for a jib co anyway as the pay was too low!

Pay could be very low but its always a backup for when work drys up

I worked for a JIB company as an Approved spark and we took on a electrician and he was made up to be on electricians rate told me that even though he was on £11.60 an hour he was still better off by £40 a week from where he was before.

Asked him how come he said that was what firms where paying around Rhyl in Wales. :eek:

Reply to what am i on the JIB pay scale? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock